or Connect

Posts by jt10000

I read somewhere that he wears Cole Haan or Allen Edmonds and has just two pairs which he alternates (and gets re-soled). Ah, here it is http://www.mnn.com/lifestyle/arts-culture/blogs/nyc-mayor-bloombergs-sustainable-footwear
 I don't think business dress during the peak of Hurricane Sandy would have been appropriate. Back to business dress -- Bloomberg was the key speaker at an event I organized earlier this year (and also did all graphics and signage for) and he looked good to me in person. Not flashy but just very put together. I think that comes through in this image:https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/980434_530342720346515_337213574_o.jpg Dinkins was at the same event...
Funny video. I had a bunch of pants made like that in China years ago - what are nowadays called "Go to Hell" pants.  Got some material at the local fabric shop, and gave a tailor the fabric and a pair of chinos I liked to copy.
+1
  I have Brooks Brothers non-iron (ESF) and Land's End non-iron (tailored fit, not the newer slim fit) and they perform the same in terms of not needing ironing for me - they look OK after a cold wash and moderate drying. It seems important to not over-dry and also to take the out of the dryer right away. In fact, I often take them out when they're a little damp and let them air-dry overnight.  Turns out well. My dryer is a condensation-type, which may help as well - it's...
A black suit is just not right for this.
 I was hoping to like these shirts because they can be quite a bit cheaper than Brooks Brothers.  I got three on sale, at 30% off, but was also disappointed by the size of the armholes (and upper sleeves). 
 Yeah,
I've always used a FIH, perhaps because it's what I learned when I was a boy. I think another name for it is the "schoolboy knot."  Never learned the others, though I've tried the Pratt knot a few times.   And I like the narrow, slightly askew look of the FIH.
 Yes. To the OP:  5'9" is not short. It's the low side of average.  Don't focus on your height. Yeah, I know it's easy for me to say that seeing as I'm a towering 5'10.5".  But you're not short.  You're not tall, but you're not short either.