or Connect

Posts by jt10000

Where are people wearing tuxedos for business?
I've only worn them for a few minutes (got this tuxedo a few weeks ago and haven't used it yet) but the pants happen to just fit me and seem to stay up fine without a belt. They don't seem too tight.   I have other pants that work that way - sometimes I'll forget to put a belt on when heading to work and they don't see to fit badly.
I have knit ties from the Tie Bar, Land's End, the Knottery and some other places. The Tie Bar ones vary in quality -- all are thin but some are thin in a a good way - well-built and summery/light.  Some are just thin and loose and I returned the immediately. Land's End is higher quality but I don't like the the structure of the one I have - just personal preference. The Knottery one is clearly higher quality, though it didn't come with a keeper loop in the back, which...
Why always braces? My pants seem to stay fine without them, so why should I wear them?
Don't wear any of them. Get solid-colored or slightly patterned underwear in the style you like.
The security guard impression is most likely the more of these it hits: quality of the clothes is poor, the fit is long or baggy, the shoes clunky, the shirt is a medium or french blue solid color, or the person wearing them (in the US at least) is black. I'm black BTW. If you're doing it with well-tailored clothes, an interesting patterned shirt (or a pink shirt perhaps), and/or a nice tie and nice shoes, it's less likely to look that way. In other words, if you dress...
I've done it with textures/materials that are obviously different.
Dressy suit, dress shirt, tie if it was me. Maybe a tuxedo if I had one.
 Not at all sure about that - I've been in many situations travelling with women friends I'm not romantically involved with where one or both of us has no pants on around the other, such as puttering around a hotel room, etc. EDITED to add: And for me, in those situations, nice boxers in a dark color seem best.
 I read somewhere that he wears Cole Haan or Allen Edmonds and has just two pairs which he alternates (and gets re-soled). Ah, here it is http://www.mnn.com/lifestyle/arts-culture/blogs/nyc-mayor-bloombergs-sustainable-footwear