or Connect

Posts by jt10000

Seirus makes quality stuff.  My perspective is cross country skiing, cycling and running.
Heat Tech is pretty thin for really cold weather base layers. That said, it seems comparable to other more outdoorsy brand's products of comparable weight in terms of warmth. So for standing around in the cold, pretty good stuff. BUT I don't know how well they perform when slightly damp from sweat.  If you try the stuff and find out, I'd love to know.
Their knit ties look good but seem really fragile. I have several. I have one of their cotton or linen ties in plaids that I like a lot and am thinking of more like that.   Their regular silk ties are a bit on the shiny/cheap side, so in non-knit ties I think you should go for ones that have some cotton, wool or linen in them.
They're cheap ties.  For someone on a limited budget getting started with ties, who is only going to wear ties occassionally , they're OK.  Comparable to a lot of $40 department store ties from brands like idfnl mentions. They'll look OK to regular people, but maybe not high-style crowd here. And the ones I have don't seem like they'll last a long time.  I've bought a bunch in different materials and some I like, some were bad and I returned them. I have one that I love...
If you try to look aggressive and powerful with something as unsubtle as that "suit," you'll end up looking like you're TRYING to look aggressive and powerful.  Which tends to backfire as far as "powerful" goes.
Where are people wearing tuxedos for business?
I've only worn them for a few minutes (got this tuxedo a few weeks ago and haven't used it yet) but the pants happen to just fit me and seem to stay up fine without a belt. They don't seem too tight.   I have other pants that work that way - sometimes I'll forget to put a belt on when heading to work and they don't see to fit badly.
I have knit ties from the Tie Bar, Land's End, the Knottery and some other places. The Tie Bar ones vary in quality -- all are thin but some are thin in a a good way - well-built and summery/light.  Some are just thin and loose and I returned the immediately. Land's End is higher quality but I don't like the the structure of the one I have - just personal preference. The Knottery one is clearly higher quality, though it didn't come with a keeper loop in the back, which...
Why always braces? My pants seem to stay fine without them, so why should I wear them?
Don't wear any of them. Get solid-colored or slightly patterned underwear in the style you like.