or Connect

Posts by Pink22m

I checked out the newly opened Loro Piana boutique in San Francisco's Union Square. It just opened last Thursday according to the salespeople. I thought I would share my experience with the members of this forum, and I would definetely recommend it to anyone in the SF area. This was my first Loro Piana boutique I have visited, so size wise, I don't know how it compares to others in the world. I can't imagine it would rank amongst the largest though. In any event, I found...
This is an excellent question by Eric because everyone of us on this forum has been through that first time of purchasing a suit. I think there are many things you should know before making your first purchase. As LA Guy eluded to, knowing your budget really helps out alot. We can better steer you in one direction or another if you could tell us what you would like to spend. And because suits run on a vast price scale, its good to know where on thats scale you...
Thanks guys for the information; I especially found those links to stiching guides very informative. I am going to go share this with my friend who insisted that double needle tailoring was the superior method of the two.
Ok, so how does this differ from double needle stitching? I know double needle uses two different needles...
I always thought that single needle tailoring was superior to double needle tailoring, but I was told by a coworker that double needle is superior. According to her, double needle tailoring produces twice the amount of stitchwork, thus making the shirt more durable because the stitchin is better reinforced...someone please clarify this for me.
Hermes: Thanks also for the abundance of information that your post gave us. Sorry I have not emailed you in a while, I have been meaning to and I will To Naturlaut: I have that information from a small information guide (4-5 pages) that I recieved while attending a meeting. I am a seasonal Nordstroms employee (I work there on my Christmas and summer breaks) and one of the newer brands that Nordstroms carries was being shown at the meeting. The store I work at does...
I thought I would add my two cents worth about the new Isaia line. I have some information on Isaia that I thought I would share with the forum. The history of Isaia dates back to the early 1920's, when father Enrico opened up a drapers shop in Naples. He originally sold wholesale fabrics used in producing fine garments. In the 1950's, he relocated to a small town outside of Naples, where he started a small artisan workshop. Along with his sons Enrico, Corrado and...
I purchased an Armani Classico dress shirt a little over a year ago. I payed just shy of $400 for it, which I now know could have gotten me a Borelli and almost a Kiton. At the time, I really didn't know as much about handmade dress shirts, and hadn't learned yet about the Borelli's and Kiton's of the world. My question is: how do the Armani Classico shirts compare to these hand made shirts? Is there any handwork in them at all? I think if I knew then what I know now, I...
I am talking about just regular dust cover bags, like the ones that came with my Bruno Maglis. I have a pair of Antonio Mauritzis that I want to get some dust covers for. I would think you could pick them up somewhere.
Does anyone know where I can get a pair of shoe covers? At a shoe repair shop perhaps?