or Connect

Posts by CityHunter

I know there was SOME interest last time Happy Socks were mentioned... I just got back from a Urban Outfitters in Orange County and they had their stock of Happy Socks by Wong Wong (World Cup edition) for a measly $1.99/pair. Hopefully this deal is good for the rest of the UO's.
Getting rid of some EG hoodies...those cold months are creepin'. All have been worn, never washed, still in great shape. All are size XL. Not your size? At these prices, you can afford to bum around in them while watching TV! F/W hoodie from 2 seasons back. Charcoal grey/black with white speckles. Like like a W+H tiger fleece thingy going on. SOLD! That went fast... S/S hoodie from 2 or 3 seasons ago, I forget. Very lightweight. Creme/off-white color....
Here are some places I plan to hit up for food (well, I'll try)...confirmation that they are worth going to? Twisted Fork Salade de Fruits Acme Cafe The Irish Heather Cafe Medina Alibi Room Chambar Salt Les Faux Bourgeois Any more recommendations for dining? Nothing too fancy/romantic...I'll be travelling with 2 dudes. I'm from Los Angeles, so I think I'm going to stay away from the whole Ethnic cuisine (Japanese, Chinese, especially Mexican, etc) because we...
Quote: Originally Posted by b-ill Finally received this last week. Construction seems very good and the canvas feels thick. The leather is softer and a little thinner but I guess I'm also use to my Filson bag. For $89, this is definitely a steal. Even at the regular cost, I think it's a pretty good value. If you don't mind me asking, where did you get it for $89?
I will be attending a wedding this weekend. The couple noted that monetary gifts are preferred. What would be the appropriate amount to give the couple? I'm sure in the end they wouldn't mind, but I would hate to insult them by giving a low amount or, as bad as it sounds, "overpay" (even though I'm sure they would love that!) If age is a factor, they are both 25. If my relationship with them is a factor, then I hardly know the groom, but I've been really good...
Quote: Originally Posted by globetrotter I'll be in Los Angolas, flying in the morning, leaving in the evening, so close to the airport is best If you are thinking right around LAX, don't set your expectations too high...
I know Kiya mentioned the opening of an LA store...but I didn't know it was happening, like, now! I guess I know what I'll be doing on Wednesday...
DRKSHDW bag sold Price drop on wayfarers!
Unless they have a webshop, I think I'll be sticking with my usual spots...and also due to store loyalty =) I'm assuming the Nepenthes store will stock a much wider variety of EG merchandise, like the more outlandish pieces only found in Japan. That being the case, I would seek the store out only for those pieces.
Quote: Originally Posted by Guy_4HM ^ Good list. Mr. Lee's and Eugene Choo are probably worth a visit as well. If you happen to make it over to the Island come say what up. I def wanted to hit up 4 Horsemen if I head to Victoria...I wanted to pick up a BLK Pine workshop bag! I'll only be there for 2 days so I don't know if I can make it. Anything else in Vic worth checking out (so I can convince the homies to take the ferry over)?