or Connect

Posts by CityHunter

Got back last night. I didn't get to eat at all the places I hoped to (No Ava Gene's, Woodsman Tavern was closed for holiday parties, no OX, no Expatriate, and no reservations available at Langbaan). BUT I still had my share of great meals: The Big Egg Carte Blanche (twice) Nong's Kachka Roman Bakery Sweedeedee Slowburger Grassa Blue Star Donuts (like, 4x) Kachka was good (went due to heavy recommendations), but I would have to say my favorite dish from the trip was the...
John Lawrence Sullivan Cafe Racer in red horse leather. Made in Japan. Retailed for about $2,600. Band collar, quilted elbows and shoulders. Super tough, I only wore it around my apartment in the hopes of breaking it in. No luck. Sizing - so normally I wear a size 52 in jackets, a traditional American Large. I can put this jacket on, but it is somewhat uncomfortable (I have broad shoulders/arms). I'm unsure if it's the actual sizing or if I have to break it in...but I feel...
Woolrich Woolen Mills sweatpants, size medium. IIRC, from the Daiki Suzuki era. Cuffed bottoms. Side pockets, buttoned back pockets. NO elastic waist, but uses a drawstring. That said, the waist measures 19" across, and from the waist to cuff is 40.5". 91% cotton, the rest poly. Worn once or twice casually, excellent condition. Asking $60 shipped in the states, a little extra if international. NOW $55
Leather creeper boots by Rick Owens in DARK DUST color. Brand new, box and tote bag included. Size 43.5, which seems like a pretty rare size for RO footwear. Made in Italy. Asking $570 shipped in the states, a bit more if international (shipping will be kinda cray due to the damn box) NOW $513
Faux leather motorcycle pants by Robert Geller. Size 48. Brand new, no tags. Paneling throughout, seam pockets at front. Tonal stitching. 80% cupro, 20% nylon. Made in Japan. Asking $155 shipped in the states, a bit higher if international.
Awesome lightweight tuxedo jacket by Needles (under Nepenthes, parent of Engineered Garments). Worn once out to dinner, then stored. Excellent condition. Size large, fits standard. Sheen shawl color, floral print. 80% cotton, 20% linen. Made in Japan. 2 side slanted pockets (for ease of hand-putting-in). Asking $240 shipped in the states, a bit more if international. NOW $216 Yes, there are a lot of female fit pics I included. THIS IS A MEN'S JACKET.
Retailed for $348. Worn twice maybe, dry cleaned...pretty much perfect. From s/s 2012. Fits like a standard large. Now for some words I stole from the Internet: ...lightweight outerwear features 100% ripstop cotton construction with a five-button closure and four flapped patch pockets. Asking $85 shipped in the states, a bit higher if international NOW $76 Had to put the Adianne Ho pic in the thumbnail, sorry.
Staple piece from Geller's collections, this is an S/S version. Size 52, but fits VERY trim. I am normally a 52 in Geller and this fits but is kinda uncomfortable (I have larger shoulders and...biceps?). Can work for 50/52 IMO. Brand New, $450 retail. Asking $200 shipped in the states, international a bit more. NOW $180 Now some more reading material from Acrominy: Collar up, lapels out, zipped, unzipped, layered, solo—with its clean, minimal styling, there are endless...
Did anyone pick up the MA1 x M65 piece this season? If so, how did you size it/how does it run?
My brother visited Portland and said Ava Gene's was the best place he ate at while visiting the States (he's been living in Japan for some years), a claim that spit on all the LA spots I took him to. It was insulting to me and my city. That said, I guess I'll try Ava Gene's when I visit next month... Real talk, is Podnah's good BBQ? Every time I mention going there, my friend drags me to Smokehouse 21, saying it's far superior - but I never hear anything about Smokehouse...