or Connect

Posts by SeaJen

I thought you were saving your pennies for Formosa? If you've found a maker and cut that fits, why mess with anything else? Doesnt seem like the prices for the other options are that much less.
Just think of how many more Panta suits/Schneider coats/ GG shoes you could buy with the saved monies, Stitch! Do like NOBD, and quit that bitch.
 But the bulk of what we find is not for us. I keep a very small fraction of the things I find. The rest is sold to fund my habit.  I think Stitchy's point is that too often a thrifter will buy and wear something merely because it was cheap and available and provide such as his excuse for wearing it. This is also true of many who make purchases elsewhere too (the recent extensive debate regarding some bespoken wares, for example). The advice that he is trying to impart, if...
My wife likes to browse through every now and then and I usually just read their books (seriously, they have some funny ish), but I saw this tweedy shacket on a mannequin (this was a few years ago, I might add) and liked it. 
Thanks, and sorry for the delay, Gerry. Just saw your question. It's from Urban Outfitters, actually. 
I'm joining the conversation on its ebb tide, but I thought I'd weigh in on the thrifted wardrobe debate. Clags posited that there was only one poster with a heavily thrifted wardrobe that he felt was well dressed, and one cannot argue with that, but I think my plimsoll line is a little lower. My guess is that Clags is referring to Orgetorix, but he could also be referring to Pingson, depending on one's definition of a thrifted wardrobe. Outside of those two, GMMcL, DonC,...
I wanna see Noodles in his Formosa and Tory Burch combo.
^ Made by Zegna, I suspect. Appears to fit well without the heavily padded shoulders that seem to be the true JAB signature.
Just catching up on the thread. Certainly the best second hand find I've seen on here. Congratulations to Mr and Mrs O.