or Connect

Posts by SeaJen

And you are contemplating painting your kitchen cabinets!?Walk before you can run. Have you even painted a room yet, or refinished and end table or something? Without great preparation of the surface, any paint on the cabinets will be uneven and will peel in no time. 
 Cool thread. Thanks for the link. Today we are demoing the wall between our kitchen and den. I wanted to do it myself, but my wife says I dont have the time, so we contracted it out. I has a sad.
 I don't take a candidate seriously who doesn't take the interviewing process seriously. A lot of time and money is invested in seeking tenure track faculty, and those who show up like they are going to the movies might as well have spent that time actually going to the movies as far as I'm concerned. I don't care if a candidate can dress well, I care that they care enough about it to present their best selves. I treat resumes the same way. A coffee-stained, hastily...
 We are seeking faculty in two different areas and have one offer out in one area and the final round of candidates for the other area coming in this week. Today's looked promising on his resume and over breakfast this morning, but I wanted to shoot myself during his presentation. We failed to find a suitable candidate for this position last year, but I really liked a couple of the earlier candidates, so fingers crossed. Good luck with yours. I try to restrain from...
And the interviews continue.    
I havent washed mine yet, so I'm afraid I cant help. I suspect warm washing and tumble drying will shrink it though.
@Forper while you may consider yourself as having "individual style" I'm afraid you do not. You look exactly like the stereotypical US male worker. Many posters here have a strong personal style that takes them out of orthodoxy and sometimes out of favor, so perhaps you should look to see how they do it. Off the top of my head EFV, An Acute Style, thefoxtooth, StanleyVanBuren, and Coxsackie come to mind. And if they dress too formally for you, and/or their choices dont...
 I was going to say something about your capacity for analysis, synthesis, and self-reflection attest your graduate school training and cannot be generalized to the population, but then realized, who cares? Even those who are told (repeatedly) what is wrong with their outfits continue to post shite. 
^agreed. Certainly prefer light grey to charcoal or navy. Much more versatile.