or Connect

Posts by SeaJen

Glad you confirmed that, Cleav. It was a sorry contrast to the overwhelming pride seen in the US for the stars and stripes when I moved out here. I could never imagine flying the Jack on my house in the UK, but here...
It has been dry as a bone for weeks. Finally found something brag-worthy yesterday. After a modest pick up of 5 vintage BB blazers and an Etro tie at the first store I struck out at the next 2 and almost quit for the day. But I perservered to my last stop and found 5 pairs of Stubbs and Wooten needlepoint slippers. Alas, all womens, but fortunately my wife's size....she was happy.
Pictures of street parties with flag bunting always remind me of the silver Jubilee...I won the fancy dress competition at ours wearing a guard's uniform with bearskin hat. Unfortunately expressions of national pride and the union jack became synonymous with fascists and xenophobes for most of the following 20 years. I get a sense that this is no longer the case. Odd how an innocuous photo can remind one of so much.
@Cleav is correct. #1 fo sho.
I loled. Brought back humorous memories of nights out in the midlands. One of my best friends is a Wolves fan and the local rivalries in those parts are comical.
 Perhaps this is just my experience, but I've found that parenthood really inoculates one to matters scatalogical. Nothing much bothers me anymore. 
 I had only owned the house for less than 6 months, so it's mostly someone else's shit. I like to keep some things private. 
On that note, Stitchy was trying to convince everyone about the dangers of flushable wipes, but I thought I'd add a graphical warning too. This is what our 50 year old 4" iron drain pipes looked like when the plumber opened them up after they clogged (spoilered for the sensitive)...no wipes, flushable or otherwise, were making it though there. Oh, and that's a Formosa suit and some Bigi ties worth of repairs right there.  [[SPOILER]]
Tilting at windmills, I'm afraid. Actually, more like King Canute at the seashore, perhaps.
Al kinds of win today already. @upr_crust looking baller! All I have is what I wore yesterday but didnt get a chance to post. Not especially inspired, not least because I couldnt even decide on a pocket square.