or Connect

Posts by SeaJen

It's the tie that I think is AWESOME! Anyone know its deets? nvm: Drakes printed wool via The Armoury. 
Other than the tie and the braces, I do like everything else, btw. But as the saying goes "otherwise how was the play, Mrs Lincoln"?
Well that IS a a pretty obvious issue. It isn't like it's just a tad long.Not long ago the clip-on braces and affected tie blade would have drawn quite the reaction in WAYWRN, but I suspect now this would be quickly in the curated thread. This is just my opinion, but the WAYWRN thread has had good influences in the past (Timo is a great example, given his penchant for very tight pants before and his excellence now), but I see more and more plaudits for the too short, too...
We're not really saying that this looks good, are we? Does anyone remember the furor around Southern Style's long blade back when he was a frat boy? Just looks far too affected for me. And while I'm on the topic and among friends, I noticed that the Bentley driving guy from London (sorry, forget his name) got a lot of thumbs for his beige linen suit yesterday which was patently far too small for him. Seems like the GQ menswear thing is overtaking.   
 I've looked at the photos again and IRL and while I agree that the texture of the knit is forming a visual stripe, I don't see it fighting with the stripes of the shirt at all. Perhaps it is the boldness of the shirt stripes or the ease at which the texture resolves to solid as one moves away, but I don't get any mental aliasing, as it were. So while the letter of the law may have been violated, I think the spirit of the law is upheld. I do think a shantung would look...
My default choice this morning was a navy silk knit, but I thought about gdl's recommendation to try lower contrast.      
Perhaps you are compensating for something 
 MAZEL TOV!
Your baby, @Cotton Dockers? Judging by the wrist band Im going to guess yes. So is this a recent picture, or old news?
So nice of you all to say. I really just wore what I normally would and had my wife take a photo against the garden fence. It just so happens that CD and I share some stylist sensibilities (if you can call wearing a navy blazer, chinos, and shell loafers a stylistic sensibility! I know one entrant would think that is almost the definition if no style.