or Connect

Posts by SeaJen

Just wanted to say, I love this thread.
AKA married?
These photos aren't very good, but they are the best I have from the weddings attended the last two weekends. First was formal, which meant a lot of poorly fitting tuxedos and quite the array of inappropriate shoddings, including a pair of Gucci bit loafers by the best man! I will admit that my own tux is a two button notch from pre-SF days. I remain vigilant to finding a replacement.   Second wedding was much more informal.
Some recent finds. The Paul Smith suit is a first for me. I've found PS London stuff, which is meh, but the mainline made in Japan stuff is very well made.   Burberry London by HF   JPress POW suit   Paul Stuart by Sammy gunclub   HF hand tailored NA   Paul Smith mainline suit. Dibsed.
The slippers look to be kelim/kilim, no?
What's the size of the kelim, @capnwes?
^I'm not feeling the square choice, JHT, but everything else is very nice.
Spoo has very long arms for his height, so dont use that as an indicator. You want the hem of the jacket to evenly disect your body. The advice you've been hearing is spot on.
I always thought 6'4" and 210 was the ideal But seriously, i think t is more about proportion. When I was much younger and skinnier it was very hard to find clothes that fit well and consequently hard to look good. I could only ever buy suits as seperates, which was limiting, and even then I was too thin for my height to look good. However, I had the same problems when I was 225 - chest and shoulders disproportinately much bigger than waist and hips (although I did prefer...
Thanks, mayne!  Very kind of you.The belt was a gift from my wife, from East Dane, I believe, but they seem pretty easy to find online. Brass hoofpick belt. Tack supply companies seem to stock them at much more reasonable prices (Smartpakequine.com came up on google).