or Connect

Posts by SeaJen

Just as Greg opened my eyes to The True Cost - fascinating, depressing, and shaming - I thought I'd add a reference to the discussion about credit and financial understanding. Mehrsa Baradaran, a law professor at the University of Georgia, spoke at the Chautauqua Institution last year about the two tiers of "banking" that exist in this country. if you care how the less fortunate are forced to manage their money, check it...
That is the den, where the kids play and we watch that TV from the kitchen, so no neck strain. We watch TV in the other room shown, which has a TV to the side, or in the media room. But, what do I know, I'm a zombie, so can't feel neck pain anyway.
We replaced both wood fireplaces with gas...one sealed insert and one open log set. Both get used far more often than they did as wood burning. Total cost was about $8k as I recall. Anyone who associates using a wood fire with their masculinity has issues far beyond their internet tough guy persona.
What does Vox say, knits for the chill?  
Mirror distortion, but you get the general idea. SS Juncus served me well in NYC this weekend. [[SPOILER]]
Glad you are on the mend, @upr_crust and looking great!
'Sup nerds? Yesterday       Today  
Shitty bathroom selfie, sorry.
EFV, the new Illya Kuryakin?
My flannels had inseam of 37.5" give or take. I hem them to a a shivering break at 33.25", so enough for me.