or Connect

Posts by heterophilous

so who are the all potentials we have on board now? DomD, his shoehealer contact, smartlew, rainbowgrease, and myself? that means maybe one or two more for a reduced price MTO  . . . should we post to the "Official Tricker's Thread", and see if there are any other takers? so far it's looking like a perforated captoe boot on a commando sole, in either acorn or 1001 burnished? 4497 last, i'm presuming? or is someone insistent on the 4444? does richard know what last the...
Can anyone comment on the OTR line from Martin Greenfield that gets distributed through Gilt? You can find them for as low $500-600 at clearance. And they're full-canvas too, no?
 you're talking about the junya superboots, right? really loved the makeup, but was reluctant to pull the trigger last season given the insane markup and bizzare sizing scheme:   i'd be in for a group mto on this.  prefer the smooth and continuous tone of the "acorn antique" over a "1001 burnished" toe, but am still open on that front.   no dainite, though.  commando is way preferable. here are two more photos of the leathers being considered. this one is of "acorn...
Not sure about frequency of sales, bu yes I did learn of the discounts via their email list ...
25-50% off Tricker's special makeups at The Bureau for a limited time ... Stock is severely depleted just to warn you ... http://www.thebureaubelfast.com/shop/brand/57/trickers-for-the-bureau/
i've always really liked this "short stow" ankle boot concept by bureau belfast in brown zug grain: perhaps we could do a twist, by making it on the sleeker "not stow" W2298 last? not sure if this is possible on the W2298 last, but i think it'd look great . ..
that's a pretty impressive discount for an EG boot ex VAT ... would prefer a walnut country / dark oak combo on an HAF sole, but would be flexible on some of the specs ...
my guess is the C&J Hardwick on the 341 last ...
Mint NOS Hanover LWB - Shell Cordovan #8 - Size 10E : http://www.ebay.com/itm/Shell-Cordovan-Hanover-LWB-New-NOS-Size-10-E-Alden-Quality-Long-Wing-Cleat-/130788599383?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item1e739ba657
  saks 5th also carries a few models, not to mention a few flash sales i've seen via gilt groupe where they have sold for around 40-50% off list price.  but what has been on offer via US channels, does not particularly catch my eye.  if you visit them directly via their website, however, there are some nicely designed chukka boots that appear to compete in the same "comfortably fashionable" segment that tod's and ferragamo world also operate in.  but the prices are just...