or Connect

Posts by heterophilous

oh yikes.  i forgot to confirm one last point with you, DomD?   before i put something up on the other thread, i need to know what the final pricing on the boots are.   was the £390.00 quote from Richard inclusive of VAT or exclusive?
  the guys at skoaktiebolaget just did a "tanker" boot on the soller last that looks practically like an "indy" boot (given its ommission of a "contrast stitch" along the split toe portion of the boot):  and i'm all for a customized indy style boot from carmina too.  alden's lead times are just ridiculous.  but at the moment, i'm more on the lookout for a tan suede version of the "Indy" boot that's exceedingly rare (at least when compared to chromexcel versions).   this...
 sounds great fellas! will put up our preliminary MTO specs on the official thread later tonight.  
 i'm in favor of an unvarnished "natural" welt . . .  it's what tricker's does better than anyone else, and it makes for a nice contrast between the orange uppers and a darkish sole. here are two comparison photos for people to consider. acorn on a "varnished" welt:  and acorn on a "natural" welt:  .
 I'm wondering whether Tricker's advice about sizing down a half from your "normal" UK size is more useful than following international conversions. I'm a US 11D when it comes to practically all US shoes, and am a UK 10E when it comes to C&J, AS, Church's, and Loake.   But the Tricker's 4444 last in UK10 is too roomy and large for my foot.   Am still cool with the 4444 option, though.  I just want to double-check with Richard and see if he thinks a UK 9.5 will work for me....
 is that £390.00 inclusive of VAT?   and approximately £312.00 exclusive of VAT?
 Hey DomD/  Great work soliciting interest on this.   I don't think there should be a problem with us posting MTO specs on the other thread.   Let's hear back from everyone here first, though.  And then I'll go ahead and put up something there too . . .
 Actually, you can do an "Eaton" style boot in either 4444 or 4497. see for instance, this Shoehealer 4497 makeup here: https://www.shoehealer.co.uk/trickers/custom-made-trickers-gallery/tricker-s-eaton-coffee-burnished-detail IIRC, a lot of Richard's most recent Eaton makeups have been on the 4497.  The fit is more true to size with the 4497 (i.e. a UK10=UK10). With the 4444, however, opinion is more divided about what size works best for what person. Some prefer to take...
Excellent [*****] - Oxxford (Highest Quality) - Brioni - Cesare Attolini Napoli - Kiton - Luciano Barbera Sartoriale - Luigi Borrelli - Sartoria Castangia - St Andrew - La Vera Sartoria Napoletana - Zegna Couture/Tom Ford Very Good[****] (IE: Few suits match the quality of the ones in this category.) - D'Avenza - Isaia - Sartoria Partenopea - Oxxford (1220) - Belvest mainline - Borrelli Luxury Vintage - Canali Milano - Corneliani Linea Sartoria - Pal Zileri Sartoriale (I...
 So i did a bit more research on the RTW Martin Greenfield and came across this review from Michael William a few years back at "A Continuous Lean" : http://www.acontinuouslean.com/2010/07/14/made-in-brooklyn-martin-greenfield-for-gilt/ In his words (not mine) : All suits feature full canvas construction. The jacket sleeves have attached buttons, but also are made so that they can be lengthened and have working buttons added once proper fit. The collection is comprised of...