or Connect

Posts by BLAUGRANA

I can understand after re-reading my initial post where the use of "fashion" comes across as wrong.  And it is no matter how you slice it.  That said I did use quotes for a reason.  I think "distinctive style" is a better way to put it.  Good design is most definitely not the same as fashion. I agree that they'll definitely continue to be relevant for some time as I think that at minimum they'll always have a strong core of enthusiasts.  Anyway, putting the mouse down and...
 Great points.  I completely agree that Nomos indeed haven't pitched themselves to be trendy or youthful like Swatch.  I think they simply are "trendy" and "youthful" because of the product they make for multiple reasons you mentioned.  I also agree that only real watch lovers might see them as modestly priced and for me it's all relative.  I've actually thrown out Nomos to a few friends and co-workers who I felt might like them.  They're however ignorant of the watch...
 Well as I mentioned earlier I like the numbered edition Speedmaster and everything your post says basically applies to it.  Were I to get one I certainly wouldn't expect it to appreciate in value, but at the discounted price I'm seeing I would expect it to hold it's value.  Of course if it didn't I feel strongly enough that I would still love the watch considering how many different photos of Speedmaster references I've seen.    Ah, but I never said anyone said it's the...
 I respectfully disagree on both counts.  With regards to the Globemaster I think that's an overstatement, but to each their own.  Again, I don't like it, but there are plenty of worse options out there.  As for Rolex, my perception is my reality and while I overstated my point surely, I see models or references get high praise that I personally don't love.  
 Don't Omegas seem to hold their heavily discounted value though?  Assuming you get the right one of course.  
 Well it's certainly not vintage and not necessarily off the beaten path that much, but one watch that I don't believe was suggested was the numbered edition Speedmaster:  There's a lot that I like about this watch.  For starters I love that it's under 40mm.  I also love the dagger hands.  The asymmetry of the smaller hands is nice too.  And while their use of crystal instead of hezalite is an issue for a lot of "purists", it's a choice that from the photos I've seen make...
 Agreed on the Aircraft Jacket.  It will show wear signs rather easily, though perhaps in the white not as much.  I grabbed both colors last SS though and I really like it.    I've had friends rip on them, but I thought it was obvious they'd sell fast.  Not a "must have" for me, but their popularity comes as no surprise and we'll sure see more incarnations in the future.  Just wait until a Harris Tweed pair lands.  Cabourn's own site might get them, but they tend to be...
 I've  come across him in the past via Instagram.  I remember the name.  He actually looks to have both of my watches in his collection.  I think there's another guy out there who has them both as well.  
 Even if it's not a bracelet?   I have a Bergeon 6767 F which I fear is too fine to get a good grip of the spring bar.  That said I've been practicing on a larger watch, but getting the strap back on is proving a bit difficult.  
 I'm awaiting delivery of a Camile Fournet alligator strap for my Geophysic.  I think the watches have the same lug width.  The Camille Fournet is notably cheaper than the OEM alligator strap.  I'm just scared to death of actually changing the damn strap!    I wouldn't put accuracy towards the top of my list.  That said I wouldn't want it to an inaccurate timepiece.  My Geophysic is supposed to be "more accurate than a chronometer", but I bought it more for aesthetic...