or Connect

Posts by BLAUGRANA

To clarify my post I above, I wouldn't call the look of the finishing "mediocre" though.     Anyway, we have an Autavia Cup winner:  
 Could we perhaps, with spoiler tags if necessary, get the watch/movement in question here?  I'm so little versed on movements I'd go so far as to say not at all.  Still I think this could go down the road @mimo suggests.  I can't tell if it's a good movement whatsoever.  However if the debate is about the finishing alone, I would tend to lean towards the bigwig's end.  Granted we don't see the entire movement, but from what I've seen in terms of finished movements I'd say...
 I too am not a fan of that Yacht Club.  Much like Dino I prefer the older pilot's watches or some of the Flieger chronographs like the 3705 or 3706 (with German days only!).  Still if you're looking at a modern IWC then how about the Portuguese chronograph?  Depending on what metal you want, you could actually get a gold one for close to the price of the Yacht Club or just get one in steel and save some money that you could put towards a Daytona.  It also looks more...
 Are you sure?  Is that their only New York locaction?  I swear I've read something about someone being able to get them from their stores.  I've heard Chicago has them as well.  Maybe give them a call.  On a side note, I picked up a Camille Fourniet for my Geophysic and I would recommend one of those.  They make JLCs straps, but they're cheaper than getting them directly from JLC.  You could probably get one for half of what you'd pay for an Hermes and mine came with the...
 My finger impulsively just kept clicking the like button as I stared.  I'd congratulate you but I'm too jealous.  
 Sub is a great choice, but absolutely go no-date.
 Nice pickup.  Enjoy it.  Cool that it's almost a decade old but completely unworn.    Youth?  How old are you?    I hear you though.  Going after a piece like that, depending on your budget and means of couse, would mean that it probably should see significant wrist time.  That's why in part why I've held off on some of the watches you're selling.  Would rather just put the money towards a Lange.  You really do have some nice pieces there though and you definitely have...
 Wow.  Great collection you've got there.  Saw an unworn Mark XV with box and papers earlier in the week and it sold in 24 hours.  Anyway, looking to thin out AND add at the same time?  
Forgot to mention two things by way of Hodinkee:   1)  New Talking Watches went up today.  Not a big fan of the watches on display (Navitimer looks good though), but an interesting collection and I am somewhat like minded when it comes to appreciating things that are perhaps not as common.   2)  This piece on the upcoming Christie's auction had the two following pieces:   https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/christies-may-2016-preview       First watch is...
  It's ALS, so pretty much a "yes, ABSOLUTELY" from me.  I think I'm in love with the vast majority of their watches (though I am picky about size) and were money no object I would have a collection of them.  I'm don't buy based on brand but rather on the timepiece itself, however if I had to rate my favorite brands I would say that based on what I know ALS would be my favorite at the moment.   EWC just sold a Richard Lange which I quite liked (and can't quite afford at...