or Connect

Posts by BLAUGRANA

Anyone have the McQueen Rexton?  Got one in the mail today and it smells.  I have at least 15 Barbour coats and this doesn't smell like any of the waxes I've smelled.  Quite frankly it smells like stale smoke.  Just curious if anyone has one and has noticed any odd smell.
 Doesn't change my mind.  Looks horrible on him, but I like it on me.
 Real quick glance at it the other day.  Fabric felt pretty thin and doesn't like it warrants the price.  I'd look for a Barbour To Ki To or check into Nigel Cabourn.  Cabourn on sale is well worth it and the quality is light years ahead of RRL.  Cabourn SS14 will be in part military inspired so you might see something similar.
 That is correct.  It's not nearly as black in person as it is on the site, which is a great thing.
Went to Barbour Chicago today, the new location downtown.  Nice store and definitely bigger than their Halsted location, but the latter is apparently moving and getting a bit bigger in the near future.  Shop had a majority of Men's styles with the entire bottom floor being Men's and the upstairs being half Men's.  Staff was really nice.  It was slow when I came in, but everyone was helpful.  Guys were more knowledgeable, but they were all nice.     They have 50% off...
 Wow!  Crazy deal on the Mackintosh.  Aren't they $500 at full retail?    As Brummie says, it's more fitted in the chest and shoulders.  Well more so at the armpit/front shoulder for me.  Pit to pit isn't bad at all.  I have 23" pit to pit with a medium.  IMO shops can be a bit lazy with that measurement and End can be hit or miss with their measurements.  Body is a bit boxy though below the chest, but if you use the tabs at the back you can get it looking a bit more...
Stopped in Ralph Lauren in Chicago today and tried a few pieces.   -Lightning bolt jacket, can't remember the official name, is nice.  Has a wool lining, though not heavy, and construction is nice.  Looks quite good on too.  In fact I dare say it's better than the Dixon jacket, though I'm not going to go down that road just yet.   -Empire Work Jacket looks nice and fits well.  Nowhere near worth the price, but then none of RRL is anyway.  Jacket is thin and would be a...
Well one thing that they try and do is control their inventory.  If you go into the stores I'd say they seem to be doing a good job generally.  I mean even three weeks ago sale inventories in stores were low in my experience.  I won't dispute they're hurting, but I think customers everywhere are pretty conditioned to waiting for a sale.  Some are not, but they're the minority.     As for the discount on sale, I think it's more about driving traffic to the stores.  They...
 Pantone collaboration looks nice, but that top button... ugh.  Sure they don't match up to a Mackintosh though.  Speaking of quilted Barbours, the Japanese SL version looks nice as does the Spey fishing version.  The latter looks a bit traditional, but with a spey detail (and special label inside).  I'd be interested in seeing what you have.  I'm rather addicted to outerwear and have quite a few pieces myself.  The metal bar that holds my Barbours in my closet crashed the...
 Jacket looks great and a nice little write up.   I got the St. Kilda a couple of weeks ago.  Olive color.  Bit boxy, but that's the look of the coat and a great looking piece.  Really screams Barbour heritage to me.  Love that it's double breasted but that one row of buttons is hidden under the placket.  Love the olive color too and the way the "wear marks" look on that particular color in particular.  And as you say, some nice touches.  Sadly those nice touches, like the...