or Connect

Posts by BLAUGRANA

That sounds about what I've come to as a possibility for myself.  Yes, I've actually done the math based on how long I anticipate living.    Still I kind of see myself with 10 watches ideally.    Wow, that is a good price.  Going the grey route from Germany is the way to go with Nomos from what I can tell.  As for your Datum vs the Hodinkee Metro, there isn't a big difference for me.  I like how the date balances out your Metro considering the sub dial and the spacing on...
 I would recommend having a look at some of Hodinkee's offerings.  They seem to put their own straps on just about every vintage watch they sell and so I've seen a fair amount of their straps on a variety of watches.  The strap they use a lot that I tend to notice is the Textured Calfskin strap in tan.  It really works on a lot of the vintage watches.  For the MUT Moon though I think that the tan color might not be the best match.  The tan is a warmer color while the watch...
 Yeah, well like I said I think the Hill-Side version looked better to me.  I've just never tried a pair of their shoes and I'm always worried about being caught out by final sale and their sizing advice being to size down.
 The Hill-Side version from last year struck as a real copycat of the Cabourn pair from the year or two prior.  Of course the Cabourn pair could have had some sort of vintage influence, but the Hill-Side pair looked like a knockoff of the Cabourn pair.  That said having not handled either pair I would take the Hill-Side pair before the Cabourn pair.
They're alright.  I won't be buying them, but they're not that bad.  I'm liking the look of the tweed on the green pair.  Anyway, it's not like any of the Converse have been that great anyway.  Biggest question from me is why they used gold buckles on the green pair when the matching Cameraman has great buckles.
 Interesting about how it wears.  I think that's a good thing considering it for me still has a diver look despite the lack of a bezel.  Perhaps a maxi dial due to the hands?   I would still definitely prefer the rose logo on the dial, but that's a great point about the crown.  Didn't know that about the BB36 and I think those Tudor crowns with the rose look great.   Tudor just has to get moving on that 36mm Ranger now!
 Yes, that's definitely one of the nicer Reversos.  Not a fan of the price though.    But how high is the watch?  I'm guessing around 38mm?  I'd have to get it on the wrist, but I'm guessing it looks just fine.  "Modern standards" don't apply to everyone and I would think that most watch enthusiasts would still appreciate the size.  Either way, for me that size would be fine, especially if you have a smaller/smallish wrist.  More than anything though, I think it's the...
For me the Reverso, like some other watches, can be dressed up or dressed down.  It depends on a number of factors though.  First and foremost I think you have to consider the case and the dial.  Then once you've found one that can go both ways, you have to consider the strap.  The Reverso Rouge, which has been brought up already, is for me a great example of this.  Put it on a Casa Fagliano strap and I think you dress it down.  Put it on a black alligator strap though and...
BB36 is nice.  Love the size and the "oversized" crown/crown tube.  Nice pickup.   Tudor just needs to do the Ranger in 36mm (and for the love of God use the rose instead of the shield) and I'm all over it.