or Connect

Posts by BLAUGRANA

I noticed the site, but when you create a custom strap it's not what I would call "considerably less."  However after browsing the E-shop I noticed it's got a good selection and much more competitve prices.  Thanks though!
Man of the World is offering 25% off through the 15th.  Watches are working with the code and they look to have some nice straps.  Not sure how the pricing on the watches stacks up since they're vintage, but they seem a bit high.  Code is TAKE25.   http://www.manoftheworld.com/collections/timepieces
 Any recommended sites/shops for them?    They've done a few nice Reversos the past couple of years and this is easily one of the best.      
 I'm considering a "Polar" 16570, but I also like it with a black face.  That said I see myself going for the Polar 16570 and then getting a black face GMT Master Coke or another GMT Master. Glad to hear he still has it.  That said one of my two personal reasons for just months ago not even considering a Rolex was the Cyclopse date window.  I've never been a fan, but I have come to appreciate say a 16570 despite it.  Anyway, I don't have a problem with him swapping it out....
 Yes, it is.  You must have noticed it there.  Like I said in my post, there have been some Geophysic 1958s out there the past month or so and there are still two out there to the best of my knowledge.  However if anyone is moving for one of them reach out to me as I may be of help depending on which watch you're looking at.   Looks great on the NATO.  I don't dislike bracelets, but I actually prefer straps.  I think the watch case/face stands out more when it's not on the...
OK, enough messing about.  Lunch is about over.     So after searching for some months now I finally landed the watch I was after.  It's sold out at the boutiques so I had to find one in the aftermarket.  Every time I came close I was either just days too late or the condition wasn't what I was looking for.  Finally I came across one last week and quickly contacted the seller.  I concluded the transaction this week and the watch landed on Wednesday.  I finally got a hold...
   I was just kidding.  Here is a professionally taken shot: 
A couple more odds and ends popped up on Sierra Trading Post if they're your cup of tea:     Dept. B Dragh, which is somewhat like the Commander in that it's a blazer/coat.  The panels are a wool tweed:   http://www.sierratradingpost.com/barbour-cotton-waxed-jacket-for-men~p~8957d/?filterString=s~barbour%2Fclothing~d~5%2Fmens-clothing~d~15%2Fmens-jackets-and-coats~d~142%2F&colorFamily=19     Barbour did a collection or two with Pantone colors and this was one of...
Finally tracked down a beautiful new piece which I took delivery of yesterday.  Very happy to have finally been able to land one and even happier with the condition.  I'd post it but it has mixed reviews here so perhaps I'll hold off.  
 I don't dislike Cartier, but I'm not a huge fan either.  That said the Drive looks nice.  Stainless Steel or/and (see what I did there) Rose Gold.  Can't understand the thought process on the date though... And I actually like asymmetry to an extent. Tell me about it.  Been hunting the past month and I may nail one down on Monday.  Sad thing is I also want a Lange or three.