or Connect

Posts by BLAUGRANA

Read that one.  Interesting little piece.  I've actually heard that the Reverso was favored by some European royalty back in the day.  That watch, along with MacArthur's, are in JLC's possession which is great.  Nice to see them such historic pieces thus preserving their heritage and making it possible to share them with the rest of the World.  Of course it also allows them to promote the brand, but still cool they have them.  I haven't measured it's accuracy and likely...
 The thing I like about the Reverso is that you can flip it over and you've got that steel side that "protects" the watch.  I've said it before, but I think the watch could used as a military watch or an "explorer's" watch, or at least it could have been historically.  That said I think the idea of a duoface is great and that JLC could do even more with that.   I like the silver face better than the black, especially for your Reverso.  You made a great choice and I love...
Running late per usual, but still in on Reverso Thursday!  
 Congratulations on the Seventies.  I'm not a big GO fan, but both the Seventies and Sixties definitely have the "feel" down in my opinion.  In fact it's interesting that they didn't do some sort of Mad Men collaboration, though the show using original watches was surely a much better idea and I think it'd be tough to top the Mad Men Reverso.  Still I think GO has found a niche where they're doing a "tribute" watch if you will that is notably different than the other...
 Nice Reverso and great choice with the strap.  I just think they shouldn't have made that one a duoface.  Not a fan of the "pusher."
 There are others in this thread with more experience and knowledge than I have, so take this for what it's worth.  However based on what your'e saying I would suggest two things: 1)  Take your time and really look and see what's out there.  Don't just look around your budget but also somewhat higher.  Either way, if you're asking for a suggestion I think that's fine, but I also think if you need to ask that maybe you haven't done enough of your own research.  I looked at...
 I noticed the site, but when you create a custom strap it's not what I would call "considerably less."  However after browsing the E-shop I noticed it's got a good selection and much more competitve prices.  Thanks though!
Man of the World is offering 25% off through the 15th.  Watches are working with the code and they look to have some nice straps.  Not sure how the pricing on the watches stacks up since they're vintage, but they seem a bit high.  Code is TAKE25.   http://www.manoftheworld.com/collections/timepieces
 Any recommended sites/shops for them?    They've done a few nice Reversos the past couple of years and this is easily one of the best.      
 I'm considering a "Polar" 16570, but I also like it with a black face.  That said I see myself going for the Polar 16570 and then getting a black face GMT Master Coke or another GMT Master. Glad to hear he still has it.  That said one of my two personal reasons for just months ago not even considering a Rolex was the Cyclopse date window.  I've never been a fan, but I have come to appreciate say a 16570 despite it.  Anyway, I don't have a problem with him swapping it out....