Posts by BLAUGRANA

I love that Debenham Duffle in that winter white color.  Sadly not my size.
 Cheers.    It just sits because it's still $1500+.  I'd like to own one, but not at that price.  I don't love it that much. I think they sold before I had to chance to get them, but they caught my eye because I'm 99% sure they'd match my green Puffa Jacket.  The orginal Puffa Mittens had less going on than these do though and I prefer that. Not a fan of the color either.  It also looks like it's lacking in some of the finer details of today's Cameramen.  I got two Harris...
 Will do, though I doubt it won't.  Everything in a 48 has thus far fit him.  Were I a 48 and I you I would have a look at that Hunting cardigan.  Nearly grabbed that for him as well.  Oh, and the Hunting jacket I already mentioned above of course.  He's getting a nice little collection at this point and my Mother will be jealous.  Was tempted to grab her a Cameraman, but she's petite and tough to fit. Yeah, prices on my eBay listings are better and that's before you even...
 Prices not so incredible.  The pieces I already own I've got for notably less and the pieces I'm interested in are about 50% more than I want to pay in most cases.  Of course it doesn't help that I just rearranged my closet and it's now full with half of the hanging space dedicated to Cabourn.  I would as I have multiple times in the past highlight/recommend the Hunting Jacket:  Marrkt refers to it as the "Chore Workwear Donkey Jacket".  Anyway, that price isn't bad and...
 I quoted you to mention the Puffa.  I was correcting myself re: the Everest which I had referred to as the "Arctic". Grailed has a few Puffas at reasonable prices.  Haven't inspected the listings, but saw a couple on there.
 * "Arctic" should read Everest above. I had an opportunity to grab a new Everest Parka a few years back at $1000 and I passed on that one.  Part of me wouldn't want to spend that much and while I liked the color (blue, though I like them all) I was hoping to get one in yellow or orange.  I have two Puffa jackets at just less than that.  I'd definitely recommend what I believe was the first version of this jacket.  Similar look to the Everest, but slightly different....
Two other strap sources one might have a look at:   1)  Hermes.  Definitely on the pricier side, but from what I've seen on Instagram they make some fine looking straps.  I've not handled mind you.  If you're in or around NYC I think you can just go see them directly and find a nice selection, but don't quote me on that.   2)  Hodinkee.  I think they just got another new line of straps.  While I again haven't handled one, I do have a couple of pouches which are nice....
Re: the Reverso, I'd have to see pictures, but I'd likely go with option B if I had to choose.  Strap is definitely preferable on the Reverso (and pretty much every watch IMHO) and I'd just get a nice Camille Fourner for it.     My Reverso is indeed a scratch magnet.  Over the course of the last year it's increasingly got more scratches, though it's not that bad yet and I'm pretty careful with it.  Not sure if Harris Tweed is scratching it or what because I'm not dinging...
 I think it looks great even though I perhaps prefer the Arctic Parka.  I'd happily buy one, but I doubt I'll ever get one at a price I'd be willing to go in one.  I have two Puffa jackets so I really don't need one.
Billykirk has an excellent sale going on.  They have a Black Friday clearance section with some great pieces like their waxed bags.  On top of that though they have the following:   -15% off $199 or less -25% off $200 or more -40% off $750 or more   Great double discount.  I have a collection of their bags and they're top drawer.  They also ship internationally.  They also are giving away from embossed leather trays if you shop in store.   https://www.billykirk.com/