or Connect

Posts by BLAUGRANA

So can I just suggest that someone here please go pay Dino a visit and do a TWAT edition Talking Watches with him?  I've been posting here long enough to know that seems to have a really interesting collection of which we rarely get to see.  Let's get that vault open!  
Before I begin this will probably TLDR, so you've been warned.  Took a trip to the big city today to check out a few watches I've been considering as well as to see some other watches in general.  Not a lot to shop for here at home so it was an informative trip.  I thought I'd share some thoughts, but please keep in mind that I don't have experience or knowledge that the majority of you have.   Before I got into specific comments, I've been somewhat all over the board...
 I would say it depends on how much of it you want to clean.  Are you looking to clean the entire thing or just spots?  I would use a light brush, water and some dishwashing soap (standard Dawn).  Get the area wet, apply some dishwashing soap, and then lightly brush it.  I'd then wet it a few times to get the soap out.  Perhaps try it on the inner sleeve to be sure, but that's worked for me before when treating small spots.  
 I think that JLC is a great looking watch.  At least the dial is.  I even love that indicator which would normally put me off.  What I don't like about it is the size at 42mm.  40mm and I'd probably be in for one.  Love that strap as well.   I've been eyeing a very well priced Deep Sea Vintage Chronograph.  Just can't pull the trigger as I want a European Tribute to Deep Sea Alarm instead, which I stupidly moved too slowly on last week and it's now gone.  Really upset...
 At least 150 people as it's now sold out.    If you wear pocket squares and are a "watch guy" I can see an interest.  I guess I'd actually want to own one of the Genta designs on the pocket square though.  
 Assuming you mean the GO? As regards that Speedy, I'll move closer to your point as regards how big a screw up it is, though apparently (and to my untrained eye) the difference in lugs is very subtle between the cases in question.  The rest of the watch matched both the movement and the caseback while there were posts to the contrary.  On top of that the crown was pointed out before it was even listed.  There is also the consideration that it could have been a...
 What size was it?  I'm sure you know this, but if you go back a few years they did make them smaller.  I came across a very nice looking 38.5mm Lange 1 the other day.
 What's the diameter on those?  They look big.  Because they provide a lot more detail than pretty much any other dealer out there including pointing out the "flaws" of the watch which in my experience few if any do.    Two more reasons.  Their "screw up" on the Speedmaster was very minor and they handled it all very well.  I would have put it on the Hodinkee main page as opposed to the shop blog, but that's about it.  They replied on Reddit and even on social media....
 I have to give Rolex credit because they've not messed about too much with some of their styles over time.  That said I think that every single one has a better older reference than the current incarnation.  The problem though is that in some cases the older references cost notably more (which of course isn't a surprise). 
Hodinkee's shop put up some new watches today.  I've been getting on pretty much right away when they're putting them up.  The past couple of weeks I've been on before any watches were sold.  I had that Polerouter in my cart and was very close to pulling the trigger today, but I held off.  I'm being torn in a couple of directions at the moment.  Still wouldn't mind a Polerouter at some point.   Speaking of Hodinkee, a new Talking Watches aired today.  A good episode that...