or Connect

Posts by BLAUGRANA

I agree for the most part.  I think some of the detailing will still make it look vintage, but the wax if applied consistently should darken the coat and make those details far less noticeable.   I have a Nigel Cabourn x Eddie Bauer down jacket that was sold as waxed.  Not nearly as waxy as a Barbour, but it is indeed waxed.  I would think it would depend on the outer fabric and the type of wax you use more than anything.  I don't think you'd need to remove the down.
Surprised to hear about the oxfords.  I don't think that happened to mine from last season.  I am fitting slims this season so hopefully they turn out.  Will wash some this weekend.  I have a steamer though with tends to expand the fibers and I think the fibers contract with the oxfords.  
 Well at the end of the day you can.  You can wax your socks if you want, not that I would mind you.  My guess is that they wouldn't be willing to do it for you more so than you can't do it.  I mean you can buy some wax from Barbour and give it a shot yourself.  Still just seems strange to me.  
 Do you have a link to the advertisement?  No matter what, it can be re-waxed.  Whether it should be or not, or whether or not it'll somehow be difficult or ruin the coat I don't know.  However I would think that so long as it needs a re-wax you should be able to do it.
 ANYONE HAVE A SL BEDALE AND ASHBY?  I know the SL Bedale is slimmer in the chest than your standard Bedale, but I was curious if it's slimmer than an Ashby in the chest.
 THE WHAT???????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Pics???  Link???
  Hmmm.  While I'd never buy one not to wear it, at least not at NC pricing, I do consider my coats part of my outerwear collection.  Again, don't get me wrong, I rotate my Cabourn, Barbour and whatever else and I live in a climate where outerwear is an eight to maybe nine month necessity/possibility, but I still plan on keeping them for a long time.  I think it's in part my age and having stuff I'll hopefully feel comfortable in in say twenty to thirty years.  Anyway...  
 Yeah, it's been 10% all told.  Usually from End orders.  All depends on the shop.  I have a contact at one UK shop and another is great about marking down items.  I hear that latter shop is great in person as well.  One thing I will say about End is that it's FedEx priority and that it's only $12 out of the gate for shipping before that 10%.   That's the exact psychology I think I ran into.  I was hedging my own bets, just a bit too slow on the draw.  I've actually tried...
Finally was able to grab this today:   https://www.jcrew.com/browse/single_product_detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524441838951&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302031245&nav_type=PRMNAV&bmUID=keL9jLH   They rejected on two separate store searchs.     This 50% off the sale price and free shipping is bad.  Grabbed the New Balance hikers, more 3rd party socks, another...
I ordered the Maritime last week, but mine is on back order as well.  Living in WI and considering the Winter we've had thus far I'll probably have opportunity to wear it.   Got my Mechanic shirts in the mail yesterday.  Love the olive color.  Not sure on the black since I'd prefer it a bit more faded, but looking at the site pics I like the sleeves rolled up.  Either way I like the buttons and it makes for a great shirt to mix things up.   Let me just say that I'm...