or Connect

Posts by BLAUGRANA

It has nothing to do with "sale time" and I wasn't inquiring with them.  Had I done so I would have expected them.  From what I've seen this season they don't have many (if any?) measurements where just last season and for years before they did.  I didn't ask.  On top of that their not providing measurements makes me less inclined to buy in some cases as returning shipping from the States isn't cheap and some brands sizing can change over time.  
Banana Republic has an excellent sale going on in store and today is the last day.  I know it's not a very Styleforum approved brand, but they have great basics, offer great value in some cases and I found a few gems yesterday.  I went in for basics and thought I'd check out the shorts as they had some cool prints (an ikat and this "tile print" in linen) when I walked in.  Here's how it works:   -40% off if you spend $200 after promotional disounts and before sales tax...
 Well it was a bit rushed.  I wanted to hit Marshall Pierce, Swiss Fine Timing and the Omega Boutique.  I had two hours on the meter which was about 5 blocks from Michigan Avenue.  The only catch after that was that Swiss Fine Timing was about another 4 blocks or so south of the other two.  Plenty to see between those three places, but next time I'll skip Swiss Fine Timing (depending on what I'm looking for) and spend more time at Marshall Pierce.  The catch there is that...
 End apparently can't be bothered for measurements anymore.
 I've only seen you post a few pieces.  I haven't been on for the past two years though so that's probably why.  Either way quality over quantity and I'm interested in great looking watches regardless of their complications.   Wow, that's quite the get together.    Thanks!  I was actually in Chicago myself.  I drove down and was able to snag meter parking, but that limited my time.  Like I said in my post Nomos was the main reason I went down, however had I known I wasn't...
 So can I just suggest that someone here please go pay Dino a visit and do a TWAT edition Talking Watches with him?  I've been posting here long enough to know that seems to have a really interesting collection of which we rarely get to see.  Let's get that vault open!  
Before I begin this will probably TLDR, so you've been warned.  Took a trip to the big city today to check out a few watches I've been considering as well as to see some other watches in general.  Not a lot to shop for here at home so it was an informative trip.  I thought I'd share some thoughts, but please keep in mind that I don't have experience or knowledge that the majority of you have.   Before I got into specific comments, I've been somewhat all over the board...
 I would say it depends on how much of it you want to clean.  Are you looking to clean the entire thing or just spots?  I would use a light brush, water and some dishwashing soap (standard Dawn).  Get the area wet, apply some dishwashing soap, and then lightly brush it.  I'd then wet it a few times to get the soap out.  Perhaps try it on the inner sleeve to be sure, but that's worked for me before when treating small spots.  
 I think that JLC is a great looking watch.  At least the dial is.  I even love that indicator which would normally put me off.  What I don't like about it is the size at 42mm.  40mm and I'd probably be in for one.  Love that strap as well.   I've been eyeing a very well priced Deep Sea Vintage Chronograph.  Just can't pull the trigger as I want a European Tribute to Deep Sea Alarm instead, which I stupidly moved too slowly on last week and it's now gone.  Really upset...
 At least 150 people as it's now sold out.    If you wear pocket squares and are a "watch guy" I can see an interest.  I guess I'd actually want to own one of the Genta designs on the pocket square though.