or Connect

Posts by BLAUGRANA

Assuming you mean the GO? As regards that Speedy, I'll move closer to your point as regards how big a screw up it is, though apparently (and to my untrained eye) the difference in lugs is very subtle between the cases in question.  The rest of the watch matched both the movement and the caseback while there were posts to the contrary.  On top of that the crown was pointed out before it was even listed.  There is also the consideration that it could have been a...
 What size was it?  I'm sure you know this, but if you go back a few years they did make them smaller.  I came across a very nice looking 38.5mm Lange 1 the other day.
 What's the diameter on those?  They look big.  Because they provide a lot more detail than pretty much any other dealer out there including pointing out the "flaws" of the watch which in my experience few if any do.    Two more reasons.  Their "screw up" on the Speedmaster was very minor and they handled it all very well.  I would have put it on the Hodinkee main page as opposed to the shop blog, but that's about it.  They replied on Reddit and even on social media....
 I have to give Rolex credit because they've not messed about too much with some of their styles over time.  That said I think that every single one has a better older reference than the current incarnation.  The problem though is that in some cases the older references cost notably more (which of course isn't a surprise). 
Hodinkee's shop put up some new watches today.  I've been getting on pretty much right away when they're putting them up.  The past couple of weeks I've been on before any watches were sold.  I had that Polerouter in my cart and was very close to pulling the trigger today, but I held off.  I'm being torn in a couple of directions at the moment.  Still wouldn't mind a Polerouter at some point.   Speaking of Hodinkee, a new Talking Watches aired today.  A good episode that...
 I wish I had that problem.    I'm not a big modern Rolex fan (LOVE older Rolex references and wish they'd do tribute watches even though they'd bankrupt and I'd resort to becoming a male stripper to get them), but I have to say BLNR here.  Something about the IWCs leave me wanting a bit.  I'm also not a fan of the size of the size, though compared to other references it's not as bad, and I don't like power reserve registers on watches (OK, I like anything on a Lange, but...
I agree with the sentiments on the Orion as well, in particular this one about the 35mm.  I'd want to compare it in person, but I too think the 35mm would be the right fit for me.  The other issue for me though would be than the indices are very similar to that of my Geophysic 1958.  Still I'm drawn to the Orion and other watches that have some similarities in appearance.  
 Curious as to how that played out.    I've not been following watches enough to say conclusively, but I think any regression in pricing is in it's infancy.  They do go quickly.  From what I could tell one of them went in minutes this week.   I thought that Wittnauer looked nice.  Condition was amazing and that Hodinkee strap helped as well.  
 To be fair albeit to myself I wasn't factoring in service costs when I was commenting on value.  Still I think it's a great point that doesn't seem to get enough press if you will when it comes to owning a watch.  In fact I've read more here on TWAT as regards servicing and the related costs, etc then I have anywhere else.  I think the majority of buyers, especially new buyers, don't consider that they may have to spend hundreds if not a thousand dollars or so to get the...
Limited edition Magritte Reverso:     I like it.  Not that I'd buy one, but I think it's nicely done.