or Connect

Posts by BLAUGRANA

I forgot to add this.  Depending on what you get, and if you do indeed go the RO route or even say with a three hand dress watch, you can still keep the Speedy.  Full credit for thinking of downsizing, but depending on what route you take you may want to hold onto the Speedy initially and see how it fits into your rotation if at all.  
 Great collection you have there.  I think if you go with a Daytona you might also think about flipping the Speedy in that instance as well.  As for your list, I'd go the Daytona route or maybe the RO route, but while I definitely can appreciate the RO it's not entirely my cup of tea.  I also think that in some ways it's like the BLNR in that it's a tool watch.   What I think you're "missing" if you will is a dress watch.  That immediately came to mind reading your post....
 Agree on the pushers.  Perhaps not a deal breaker, but pretty close.  Still so much else to like.  At $7900 I have other preferences, but I can see where this would give folks pause.  
 Nice.  LOVE that Reverso!
 That's what came to my mind as well.  Just hadn't noticed them that cheap before though.
 A few here and there.  The anniversary GMT with the green hand, a Datejust and a Speedy Pro more recently.  Nothing too out of the ordinary for the market I'm in.  Then when they have a look and ask what I'm wearing they don't seem too familiar with what it is.  What I'm really noticing though are more and more Apple watches out there.  It's interesting too because I never see anyone using theirs.
 Well that is the other bit, but for a specific reason.  I LOVE navy blue and it's really my favorite color at the moment so it's not the color itself.  It's that the minute track is colored.  I'd have preferred that it either wasn't colored and just matched the dial or that it went all the way to the edge of the dial.  I also think that perhaps it makes the sub registers look bigger as a result.  Don't get me wrong though, it's not bad at all.   I love all of it.  I...
 I'm sure I'm in a small minority when I say this, but I'm not a fan.  Don't get me wrong, as you note, plenty to like.  Still it just doesn't do that much for me.  I can't put my finger on it entirely, though I will say I don't like that lollipop hand at all so it might be that.  On the other hand I love the First Omega in Space and will likely pick one up in the near enough future.  In fact for what a grey dealer was charging you could get the FOIS and a Seamaster 300m...
 I think they absolutely killed it, and I don't mean that in a good way.  42mm and way too thick is bad enough, but the date window just ruins it.  I'm not sure the market demands a date window either, but in my opinion it totally ruins that watch.  Looks like I've just saved some more money to put towards another piece.
 Yeah, DavidSW seems great.  Had some email correspondence in the past and he was excellent.   Yeah, I'm not fussed about the movement.  I'm more concerned with condition than anything and the best looking 16710s that I've come across recently were Z serials.