or Connect

Posts by BLAUGRANA

Thanks for the detailed reply!   Yeah, it's the specific historic based pieces of the 1966 collection (which is 50 years for them if I recall correctly) that I find look pretty nice.  However the new WWTC seemed to be the one that they did the best.  Here is the specific piece I'm referring to:  I like that it's 40mm and that there isn't a lot of "filler".  I do think the geographic track could be condensed a bit though.   I'm somewhat interested in a World Timer and this...
Are they nice?  I've never handled one and don't know much about the brand.  I think they have some similar design aesthetics to JLC, at least with the 1966 collection.  I just don't know much about them.
Girard Perregaux's 1966 collection has had some near misses for me, but with the World Wide Time Control I think they nailed it.  Everything seems really well balanced and comes together nicely.  Not sure I'd get one, and I'm not sure what they do in the grey market, but it's looking like a really well positioned World timer.
 This was exactly my experience when the line first launched.  Couldn't believe the prices after seeing it in person.  Hand feel on a sweater for example was just awful.  The line has just looked worse and worse every year so far as I could tell as well.   That said I'm still of the opinion that RRL's value isn't great either.  Designs are nice, but when you look at a lot of the materials and factor in that it's made in China you see it's definitely well overpriced.  Still...
 Thanks for clarifying.  I thought I was losing my mind for a moment there.  
 I just said I assumed it was lume and therefore was acknowledging it wasn't lume.  Whatever it is, there is something "white" that fills in between the white gold of the numerals, yes?
 I was referring specifically to the white gold numerals without lume.  If they did a 114270 with those sorts of numerals in a 36mm case please point me in that direction.
 Well to each their own of course.  I mean I'd prefer a NOS 1016 courtesy of The Wraith for Christmas, but I'm not holding my breath.    I just like the white gold numerals.  I'd actually prefer it with a 36mm case and the white gold numerals, but as I understand it that was never done.  Either way you can't really go wrong with an Explorer I.  At the end of the day I think that if I go the Explorer route it'll instead be a Tudor Ranger 36 ala that fine Black Bay you...
 That too.