or Connect

Posts by BLAUGRANA

Wow, some great prices.  Good for you! I've definitely slowed down as I have too much, but I do wear it all and rotate jackets daily.  Not to be nitpicky, but I assume you mean the Everest Park in oilcloth?  I wanted both of those myself.  I grabbed both Aircraft Jackets from that collection as well as two (of the three?) oilcloth CWPs.  Great stuff and with real deadstock WWII wool.
 Wow, that sounds nice.  The one in London prior to that sounded better, but sounds like some good inventory with the sample sale.  Was it all size 48? I'd also be curious to hear what the prices were for the rest of your haul.
 Lange being out of your price range is one thing, but I think a Lange version of one of those would be dressed down based on the color.   I don't have much of a preference for one or the other sub register, but of those two I would say go Gangreserve for the simple fact that the alternative has "Moonphase" on the dial.  While I perhaps should know this, I would think that the German word for "moonphase" would look much better.  Such an underrated and beautiful language...
I think part of the lack of discussion on Cabourn is the lack of anything innovative or new from the Authentic line.  It's become somewhat repetitive which to an extent is understandable and even alright if you love what he does, but it doesn't necessarily spur a lot of new discussion.  From a personal standpoint I have more than I'll ever need.  I have more versions of the just the AW Cameraman than I can count on one hand, and again that's just the AW version.  Granted I...
 I like it myself.  The latest McQueen tribute with the "denim" dial as I believe they call it looks nice and close to the one McQueen apparently wore.  As I understand it, the one you have pictured, is not as close to the one McQueen wore despite the man himself in the picture.  Of course the reference I'm referring to isn't perfect as it has an exhibition caseback that for me is entirely unnecessary on a watch like a Monaco. Not sure how it wears, but I saw one in the...
 PM me if you ever need a sitter!
 I probably won't add a lot to what's already been said, but I'll throw my hat in the ring. Are you looking to build a collection or are you buying watches that you love and would love to wear?  I understand the idea of building a collection and wanting a collection as I want one for myself, but I'm looking at it from the standpoint of buying what I love rather than just building a collection.  If I end up with a collection of dive watches because that's what I love, then...
 That sounds about what I've come to as a possibility for myself.  Yes, I've actually done the math based on how long I anticipate living.    Still I kind of see myself with 10 watches ideally.    Wow, that is a good price.  Going the grey route from Germany is the way to go with Nomos from what I can tell.  As for your Datum vs the Hodinkee Metro, there isn't a big difference for me.  I like how the date balances out your Metro considering the sub dial and the spacing on...
 I would recommend having a look at some of Hodinkee's offerings.  They seem to put their own straps on just about every vintage watch they sell and so I've seen a fair amount of their straps on a variety of watches.  The strap they use a lot that I tend to notice is the Textured Calfskin strap in tan.  It really works on a lot of the vintage watches.  For the MUT Moon though I think that the tan color might not be the best match.  The tan is a warmer color while the watch...
 Yeah, well like I said I think the Hill-Side version looked better to me.  I've just never tried a pair of their shoes and I'm always worried about being caught out by final sale and their sizing advice being to size down.