or Connect

Posts by BLAUGRANA

Some crazy markdowns at Trunk.  Alden, Nanamica, Cabourn, etc.     http://www.trunkclothiers.com/sale
Crazy markdowns at Trunk.  Not much left, but I got some steals.  Business jacket and some sweater/sweatshirt still left.  
Some great looks at AW14.  Right click on the images and open in a new tab for larger pictures.  Too bad we can't get as good a look at SS14.  Anyway, looks noticeably different from AW13.  Looks like the surface jacket will be back.  Some new colors in the Everest and even a colorblock sort of version.  Wool aircraft?  Aircraft with sheerling?  A new crazy camerman.  A new duffel in two colorways.  A CPO shirt.  Some leather.  Some cordoroy.  Looks very...
 Not sure.  It was just his old his line.  He's since started what we currently have, Nigel Cabourn Authentic.  I'm pretty sure, but somebody else can confirm this. 
 Dixon looks great.  As do the boots.  Was thinking about those after you mentioned them earlier.  
 Can't comment on the quality or the fabrics used, but Utility is his old line.  Sorry if you already knew that, but it's less a reference to the specific garment and more a reference to the brand/line.  Don't know the dates or the full history.  Will say the Utility doesn't look quite as nice with a few less appealing styling details.
 I agree for the most part.  I think some of the detailing will still make it look vintage, but the wax if applied consistently should darken the coat and make those details far less noticeable.   I have a Nigel Cabourn x Eddie Bauer down jacket that was sold as waxed.  Not nearly as waxy as a Barbour, but it is indeed waxed.  I would think it would depend on the outer fabric and the type of wax you use more than anything.  I don't think you'd need to remove the down.
Surprised to hear about the oxfords.  I don't think that happened to mine from last season.  I am fitting slims this season so hopefully they turn out.  Will wash some this weekend.  I have a steamer though with tends to expand the fibers and I think the fibers contract with the oxfords.  
 Well at the end of the day you can.  You can wax your socks if you want, not that I would mind you.  My guess is that they wouldn't be willing to do it for you more so than you can't do it.  I mean you can buy some wax from Barbour and give it a shot yourself.  Still just seems strange to me.  
 Do you have a link to the advertisement?  No matter what, it can be re-waxed.  Whether it should be or not, or whether or not it'll somehow be difficult or ruin the coat I don't know.  However I would think that so long as it needs a re-wax you should be able to do it.