or Connect

Posts by BLAUGRANA

One thing that I didn't mention which I think is a positive is that Nato.  I went for a similar look with one of my VSAs.  I had a red bezel diver with a green nato with a thin red stripe down the center and it looked great.  Gave the watch more of a "military" feel than a "diver" feel, but I loved it.    No, but Govberg might know of someone or perhaps even have someone in house.  
Black Bay is great, and I don't see UPS here, but not a fan of the Bronze edition.  Would have preferred a green bezel version.   Looking forward to seeing what happens at Basel.
 Oh, I'm sure.  One reason why I haven't and probably won't go for a CS3111 or CS3110 at the moment is that I have my eyes on other watches, one in particular, and if I go for another watch no matter how much I like it I'll be cutting into the budget while at the same time taking away from the wrist time of other watches I prefer.  I think it looks massive.  Of course it's going to at that size, but I'm not a fan.  I think if you're going to go with a watch like that then...
 Great looking watch!  Someone beat me to the punch a week or so back, but I echoed the sentiment on this watch.  In fact like you note, I was also saying how it's pretty much vintage already.  While I like "fauxtina" on a lot of watches, this look somewhat vintage without it and I would think the lume would color over time.  One other thing about this watch is that I've seen it on various straps and it looks great on a variety of different colored straps.  Oh, and like...
 Based on the options in your post I'd definitely go with a no-date Sub, especially if you're going to be a "one watch" guy or if you're only considering one dive watch or similar looking watch for your collection.  I'm not a fan of the dates on Rolexs, though it wouldn't keep me from getting one of the models I like, and that's another reason for me.  I also think it's the most versatile and most classic Rolex of the ones you've listed.  The Fifty Fathoms really doesn't...
 Good to know they're taking orders from over here.  
 The jackets should be the same.  The difference you're seeing in color is likely down to lighting as I'd be surprised if they weren't exactly the same color in person. The price difference is in part to pricing, exchange rates and probably more than anything the jacket from J Crew having to be imported.  In my experience Barbour jackets at full price have always been higher over here.   End possibly won't even ship it to you, so you should note that.  Also, if you are...
 I looked at Monacos a bit recenty, but you'll get better advice from others here.  That said I did notice that there have been a few tributes since the original "McQueen Monaco" came out and they all differ slightly.  If I recall correctly the most recent is the closest to that watch in terms of the aesthetic details.  I think it was the hands and the layout of the sub dials that were the biggest changes.  I personal like the most recent tribute as a result, the sub dials...
 No one had to call it the worst option for a remark like "there are plenty of worse options out there" to still be used and make sense.  And I'm not suggesting anyone buy one.  I wouldn't. Perhaps, but again I had yet to see that sort of reaction in relatively brief time posting in the TWAT threads so hence my comment and further explanation. I agree.
 I think it's a fair point for this thread.  "Vastly" superior might be a stretch, but I would think they're somewhat superior.  They should be considering the price difference, though if Belstaffs are all made in Britain then that might explain part of it.  Barbour may be the the better value though depending on what you can get one for.  Keep in mind I don't own a Belstaff as I've always felt they may be a bit too slim for me.  Great look you're sporting there.