Posts by BLAUGRANA

Forgot to mention the reason why I came to the thread today.  Anyone else see this:    http://www.europeanwatch.com/25453.html
 I've seen them somewhat consistently at about 10% less on the grey market over here.  Not sure what customs would be to Australia though.  Congratulations!
 I didn't like it at first.  As some have noted, I wasn't a fan of the dial and the hands in particular put me off.  However I will say that the Hodinkee piece has definitely changed my mind some.  Nothing about the author's take really changed my mind so much as the photos from the article and the video itself.  I think it's a watch that you have to see to in person to fully appreciate if the pictures and that video are anything to go by.  That said I doubt many would...
 While that may be the case it certainly wasn't in this instance.  Not only were there mechanical problems, but she also said a pusher stopped working.  It was all covered under warranty, but they've had to send it in at least three times she said which meant months of lost wrist time. 
Interesting discussion.  I don't have a horse in the race, but I will say that Shinolas can be had at upwards of 50% off.  I've seen them at Nordstrom Racks for example (while waiting for the girlfriends to waste their time and money) at that price.  I think Shinolas get too much criticism, but I still wouldn't get one.  For that sort of money I'd still consider my Victorinox Swiss Army watches that I used to wear or a Swatch Sistem.  Maybe a Timex.  Hell, you can even get...
 Forgot to quote this.  A co-worker and I both have the same Swiss Army dive watch with an orange bezel.  The difference is that his bezel eventually started to fade.  He wears his more than I ever wore mine (as I rotated and now just wear my mechanical watches), but I think he puts lotion/self tanner on as well.  Maybe that sounds crazy, but for some reason his has faded.  It still looks fine though.  Anyway, as Dino noted you could always just get a new bezel and even if...
Definitely prefer the Kermit to the Hulk myself.  For me it's just more subtle.  Perhaps it's the bezel, which I never noticed there was a difference before so thanks for the education gentlemen, or just the green bezel/black dial combo, but you get that hint of green (which is a color I like) and it's not too "bright" if you will.  Also, the Kermit is the one Sub with maxi dial/date that I would consider.
 With modern Rolex I think that in a lot of cases they can be a bit big with the maxi dials and the wider looking case.  That's of course subjective and compared to a lot of what the other brands are producing Rolex are still better than most.  That said for your list the BLNR looks like the winner (and I do like the BLNR).  Speedy Pro is a close second along with maybe the Daytona.  You can always get a Speedy Pro though.    I just picked this up...
 They are leather and as dww notes they are quite thick.  Most other brands that I've encountered aren't nearly as thick.  I'm sure zissou would make nice ones though.  
 It's nice and I'm sure it will sell well.  Price at full retail is already notably cheaper for a Cabourn piece.  Still I prefer the SS14 Mountain Parka.  Of course I own that one, but it's also a different piece for a change.  Anyway, I still like the smock and the fabric is identical.  As do I, but two flaws, one of them rather major.  The lowest clip should have been snap button.  I'm fine with asymmetry and trying something different, but this detracts from the jacket....