Posts by BLAUGRANA

I meant new/current references, unless you know of a 116610LN at under $5k.  Even still I would think there'd be a notable difference in price between the two.
 Yeah, if you're saving enough that would cover say one service or more then it's not a bad idea.  Also it's good to note the length of the warranty on what you're getting as they vary.  My FOIS only has a two year warranty where as say a Seamaster 300m Master Coaxial has I believe a four year warranty.  The alternative would be grey dealers with a slightly used watch but still under warranty or if you shop around enough and depending on the piece an actual new watch....
 I purchased a returnable piece from them that was below the threshold of having to pay a restocking fee.  I ended up returning it and thus had to ship it back myself, but that didn't cost too much.  It was entirely legit though and had everything you'd expect minus the warranty papers and thus manufacturer's warranty.  That is replaced by the Jomashop warranty, however I would go straight to say JLC in this instance if I needed anything done.  I think it depends on the...
 Some interesting points.  A lot of brands have raised prices, but in some case they've also gone deeper with discounts traditionally.  I was telling a friend about say five years ago that while J Crew was more in the 25% off range, just wait and see they'll be going deeper over time.  Sure enough they're now 50% off sale often enough and 40% off is pretty regular.  Still J Crew and other brands want to ween customers off of the promotional discounts, but every time they...
 I'm referring to the reactions in this thread.  As for the stock though, from what I just read it's for other reasons as well.   I completely agree.  President of my company just left and both the President's and the CEO's comments were just like this, but it was very clear to me the President had no say in the matter and that she was going to be gone one way or the other.  As for the comments about "consumer-facing" and "creative direction", which were in part exactly...
Interesting reactions (to say the least) to the news in this thread considering what Ralph Lauren's quote actually says.  
Just came across this and thought I'd share as it's a good deal, but Jomashop has this Reverso for more than 50% off msrp:   http://www.jomashop.com/jaeger-lecoultre-watch-q2782520.html   Apparently it's only for 72 hours.  Note it will certainly be box without papers and if you return it I think at that price there's a restocking fee.  Anyway, thought it looks a good deal on a nice piece.
Envoy of Belfast has some good prices on the shawls.  Even with shipping to the US the prices are still very competitive.     https://envoyofbelfast.com/collections/engineered-garments-fwk
 Yes, I read that some time ago and completely agree.  I also like that it's not an exact copy of the original with just a subtle change like that which doesn't ruin the watch whatsoever.  I like the asymmetry too as it's very subtle. Wow, did you give me a scare!  Looking at that photo I see what you mean.  I immediately grabbed my loupe and studied it.  Definitely a bad pic  Can't believe it looks that way in the pic though.  Thanks for pointing that out because had I...
 Not to quote myself, and I have no financial stake in the seller's fortunes, but I would also just add that if someone wants a Speedy Pro with all the goodies I believe he has a few of those as well and they are competitively priced.  Just thought I'd mention it considering I've fielded a few PMs already.  While I'm remotely as versed as you are on type and while I think my Geophysic 1958 uses a boring typeface (I think it's Arial), I think the it really suits the watch...