or Connect

Posts by BLAUGRANA

It actually means both.  I was referring to both limiting the production of limited editions as well as in some cases standard production pieces. I wasn't referring to specific brands, but I definitely wasn't referring to PP, AP or VC.  That said I think other brands like JLC for instance would benefit from such a move.  While I don't see the pieces being more exclusive as entirely a way to broaden appeal or increase sales, though I think that's a definite possibility...
 Great commentary.  I would however rephrase my point about limited editions.  Instead of "more limited editions" I should have said "limit more editions."  I wouldn't apply that to all brands and certainly not all models, but I think from their end there is both opportunity and motive to do so and in doing it could keep them from having to lower prices as much as they may need to.  At the end of the day my personal motivation though is to get a great deal on a watch I...
Has anyone in the US been able to checkout on End from the UK site?  I was able to in the past, but it no longer seems to work.  It gives two options that are A) Ship to the US and switches you back to the US site and B) ship to the UK, but in the latter case it tells you to amend the shipping address.  I ask because there is a notable difference in prices between the two sites.
 I'm just curious to see how brands react.  One thing that comes to mind is more exclusivity by way of more limited editions coupled with smaller production numbers of limited editions.  Still as someone who can't just break the bank on every watch I want I think it'd be interested to see what they can deliver at say the $3000 range.  Love them or hate them, Nomos has multiple models at that range whether it's either full retail or grey pricing.  Anyway, they can start by...
Re: Hodinkee   I don't have a problem with the piece on the Bamford as much as I would never touch that watch (for reasons of taste).  As noted, they seem to have done it for years and perhaps more important than that they don't do it for every watch out there.  I don't mind the Daytona discussion either all things considered, but it really should have been a video.  I think that the dialogue would have come off differently than seeing it in print.     For me the site...
 I really like the look of the 1907 in rose gold.  I'd have to see it on the wrist for size though.  37mm would probably be a better size, but a great looking watch either way.
 A few things: -In this case you could find it cheaper elsewhere if you actually wait.  In fact if you check WatchRecon right now you'll find it notably cheaper as a new listing just went up, though it doesn't even have a single picture of the watch.  (No, it's not my watch, just noticed it after reading your post).  I actually saw one a few months back for about $9300 if I recall correctly.  It was with an established grey dealer and I should have probably jumped on it,...
 I see what you mean based on that picture.  It just didn't look that dark when I handled one, but lighting can make such a big difference.    I just can't get into Journes all that much.  Totally respect what's inside them and like one or two of them generally, but the hands just kill them for me.   Not only does the green work, the gold-tone even works.  Might not be as good as steel-tone, but IMO it works in a vintage sort of way.   Black Bay is an obvious in my...
 I only handled one for a bit in person, but I never felt it looked black at all.   That Orion does look nice, though I think a 35mm option would have been nice.   The Tiefblau?  If so why not just keep working towards that?  
 What's the budget?  I don't know about either of those two, but a quick search yielded quite the price range there.  For what I saw for the Muhle I would just go Nomos then.  Timeless Luxury Nomos Orion Midnight Edition is one, Ahoi Atlantik (from a trusted German grey dealer) with a strap change is another.  I think you might find an older datejust or something like that in blue as well, though don't quote me on that.  Otherwise a Junghans Meister with the Sunny Blue dial.