or Connect

Posts by patliean1

Cow/Calf leather is so ubiquitous that I doubt most people care where it was sourced. I actually feel places like Meermin are pushing to inform customers of where their leathers were sourced in order to gain market share and build it's reputation among new customers. The more well-known and established brands probably don't need to do this.   P.S. I don't think Carmina is expensive at all but rather a tremendous value. I guess I can blame SF for changing the way I...
Silly question to those who have visited the Madrid storefront:   Are the styles and stock advertised on Carmina's online site a good representation of what's in the actual Madrid shop? The online store doesn't have many selections left on the Rain last in size UK9. Just wondering if what's on their site gets shipped directly from their factory/warehouse or from their physical retail stores.   ...looking at you @Shawl Lapel    Thanks
Whoops I mean 65 Last for the Strands.
So I have pair of AE Strands (5 Last) on 10D (Medium)  What is the general consensus on the Eagle Country - 2 Last?  Should I go with my regular size/width? I'm not really sure I seen a straight forward answer on here yet but apologize if there was and I overlooked it. I'm asking because those Navy EC are very tempting, especially if we dont have to pay until when the shoes are actually ready to ship. Thanks
 100% absolutely agree.
^^^^^^^^This. Even on non-working button holes it's going to look disproportionate if the tailor doesn't shorten from the shoulder.
Correct. I own two Washingtons in 38R, one Havana in 38R, and a Lazio in 38R as well. For more reference, both Napoli and York fit me in a 36R but the sleeves are obviously too short. The 38R in those same fits are too loose in the chest which makes sense considering they are more accessible/generous cuts. I would agree the Hudson is the casual version of the Lazio and if I were to go the MTO route I would totally base it off the Hudson if I could, minus the patch breast...
I tried on the Hudson 38R in store last night (Chicago). It fits me quite well, reminding me of the Lazio fit. I think that might be my next purchase rather than the Blue Plain Lazio. Also their new F/W coats while they are soft and drape well, they are thinner than I thought. They seem to be made more for layering than actual warmth which is a shame based on how much the coats cost.
And EC are discontinued correct? Even for MTOs? Boo.
I saw that blue Lazio on their site a couple days back. I've been waiting for that shade of blue to return on their site since last F/W. Hopefully it will be in stores soon to try on.