or Connect

Posts by turunen

Geddes jacket fits a size big guys, no doubt about it.
    I'm in the market for a new pair of boots, liking the shape of the Redwing & Cabourn Munson collab. If these hit the sales I'm in. Nothing ground breaking, just a solid pair of boots. Really regret sleeping on the Viberg & Cabourn service boot collab below, price put me off at the time, would happily pay it now if they released them again.      
Wow, that takes some balls, making a two grand coat your first retail buy to test the water! Fortune favours the brave I guess...   I'd love an everest parka but the pricing is insane, 4 years ago they were giving them away in the sales at some stores, along with the cameraman. 
My 2 cents on the MARRKT sale, nothing we haven't already seen at similar or better discounts over the past few months. A few pieces I'll consider if the price drops further (Peak lapel jacket being one) but only a handful. Always wary of sample sales online, as samples can be made up of whatever fabric is available in the factory at the time, often using standard trims, I prefer to see them in the flesh to know exactly what I'm getting.   Of the new season gear,...
Great shout and post Seanrosas! You'll be fine with a 48 in the BD shirt, I bought the 50 recently and though fitted, it isn't too tight. Great shirt, thought I got a bargain this year on mine at £200 until you posted this, tempted to get the other version at that price...... I usually time the Cabourn sales perfectly every year and pick up most of what I want at the lowest discount possible. This year though, the prices just continue to drop, tough time for retail. 
It'll only come with the Scott expedition pieces for sure, read on a blog 2,000 copies had been printed, sounds about right if one ships with every piece sold.   http://one-up-manship.blogspot.co.uk/2012/02/scotts-last-expedition.html   I think the expedition collection is the only A/W collection, I haven't seen anything else yet, would've thought something would be out by now if so.
Me too Zissou, nada as yet..... Tempting to buy the cheapest item in the range just for the book, though doubt it'll be given away with the shirts. You never know though, the range is so niche this A/W I can't see it being a huge commercial success, usual suspects might be giving it away come spring.
  I doubt I'll pick anything up from A/W 12/13, it'a an amazing project and collection but nothing I'd wear, rather save my cash for Cabourn/Bauer round 2. I'll do everything I can to track down a copy of the book though, with 2,000 copies apparently printed one's bound to pop up on ebay sooner or later. The same craftsmanship that goes into the clothes has gone into this by the look of it.
    A few different shots showing details I haven't seen on the web shots. To answer irbe's question, it's a very thin material, a summer jacket certainly. It looks like camo will still be everywhere next summer, so should get a good few years out of it... 
  Quick post to answer some questions I've had on PM's, I'll post more pics and comments later. Size 50, measures exactly 20.5" pit to pit, if you're a size 40 chest it's going to be tight... For me it's right on the border, fits great now with a thin shirt or T but if I put on any weight at all it ain't gonna fit. I had the same problem with my last Tenzing, sent back the 50, ordered a 52 but found that too big so settled on 50 after all. Great jacket, fabric...