or Connect

Posts by Dolfan954

Thrift Thread Gift Exchange 2013  So, I think I will have to do this like Dig did. Should I wait until Christmas? Can I wait? Of course not! So I opened the shipping box.                                                                            [[SPOILER]] A GIANT shout out to SpooPoker! Looking forward to finding out what is inside the box! (which may or may not be tonight depending on how long I can fight the urge to tear open this box)
Welcome to my life. ALWAYS DRY.
Two stops. Three pickups.   AE Size 14 for you clown feet folk; Brioni; Captain America Bike Jersey  
Love you guys. Miss you guys.   Haven't thrifted in a month. Free time spent trying to thrift a house.   Had some time very early this morning. Saw an ad for a local dry cleaner doing an unclaimed clothing sale, everything $5 and everything obviously pressed and cleaned. All of it happening at a VERY empty small thrift store. Cool, I thought.   Pull into parking lot at 7:45, and there is a line of 75 people in front of me. I hear the owner of the store mentioning...
 Thanks for all of the love guys, I appreciate all of the kind words. A stressful morning waiting for the results has turned into a wonderful day. You guys rock. PD - Right now, I am going to be diving pretty heavily into litigation, more specifically securities, probate, and general business litigation. As for the pants, they are for me. I have already taken them to the alterationist to have them tapered.
       Our labs always had trouble taking meds too. I know the grabbing the head may be painful, but that was always our most successful method. Would have the pooch sit, reach into the mouth, open it, put pill in, hold mouth closed, and tilt head back a little and make sure they swallowed it. Your situation might be slightly different because of the cone and eye/head pain, but it has been successful for us in the past. Unless Mia likes to use her teeth to chomp, they...
You're kidding me? I may have to go back with a flashlight and one of these: 
Anyone have a pet peeve at their thrift stores? I entered this thrift once, about a year ago but avoided it because well...this is why.1. Their prices are too high as in, $15 for any pair of shoes $35 for a toaster oven type expenseive.2. They only take cash. Fine, I get it, but let people know first. I had to leave the store, and walk to the cloest convenience store and buy 2 scratch-offs to get cash back (I won $5 though...lol).3. They have no organization. Literally...
 Every interview I did were for jobs that hadn't made it to the "posted" stage. They had a need and saw my information before even doing a formal listing. The best part about that is you aren't really competing against anyone yet. Did you try emailing attorneys in the firms you would want to work for even for not listed jobs? The worst that happens is you get ignored.PM me and we can strategize together. I would love to help if I can. I didn't realize you had been trying...
Keep fighting! I literally turned down 2 interviews after I took the offer (of course those were larger firms that paid almost double, but I'm extremely happy with my choice. One firm had even sent me a rejection letter that I was too annoyed to reply to. Two weeks later they called me with an immediate need. Reply to all your "dings" and express interest to have your info stored on file. Something will come along!Time is the critical part, for sure. Glad she had a great...