or Connect

Posts by ZirconiumZephyr

agreed with the above opinions. International shipping is pretty reasonable. Bit dearer for shoes but that is to be expected.  
agreed. I will try to get pics soon, was waiting for a more definitive reply from KW first. So terribly disappointed in the end result but I suppose therin lies the risk of online MTM.  
so, unfortunately I've had a terrible experience with a Kent Wang commission and now am in possession of quite possibly the worst fitting pants ever. I am holding out hope that they may be salvageable with some alterations although they have satin tape down the seam. Can anyone recommend somewhere in Sydney that would be able to do such an alteration? It doesn't appear to be to complicated and hopefully only one or two seems need altering but I would need some expert...
anyone got any suggestions for what to wear.... I'm going to an academic conference in Darwin the week after next. Will be my first time presenting research and want to look half decent. Most of the doctors there are likely to look like slobs but I don't really feel like giving up just because of the weather. It will be smart casual dress I'm assuming although I could definitely get away with more being that I'll be on stage. My biggest concern is the weather, it's...
Just wondering if I can get a bit of help regarding trousers and pleats.   I'm ordering my trial suit and have tried both 32 and 32 waist trousers. The 32 is far too tight in the seat and thighs, but slightly loose in the waist. The 34 is too loose everywhere except the thighs. Kent has told me that the waist can't be reduced as much as I need for the 34's and has suggested I go with double pleats and larger measurements in the 32, with a slight reduction in...
I've got another few pictures of a Kent Wang trial suit, just want to get a few things sorted before I get my order sent off.   First off, the jacket:         What needs fixing? Obviously the sleeves are a little long and the pitch slightly off, but what about the back? Is it too small around the waist? It certainly feels good at the front but the creases at the back suggest otherwise. I am using this trial suit as a base for a shawl collar...
Just posting up my kent wang trial suit for feedback. It is going to be totally remade as a midnight blue, one button, shawl tuxedo so certain parts may change fitwise but hopefully I can get good enough idea from the trial suit.               Pants are obviously way to tight around the seat, is anyone able to give some advise on exactly what measurements to increase? The waist is fine but I have rather large thighs and find pants are...
In the process of having a MTM dinner jacket made from Kent Wang. Am waiting to receive the trial suit atm but very excited to pick some details.   I'm currently thinking:   -Shawl lapel -1 button -Midnight blue fabric -Black satin lapels -Flat front pants with satin stripe   Really keen to get a nice black tie outfit. I love the history of all the little things and how they have gradually merged over time. I do particularly love the smoking jacket...
  Thanks for such a valuable contribution to the thread. SF should feel privileged to have you as a member.
yeah, not super thrilled at how expensive everything is going to be....I'll be living as cheaply as possible.   Studying at the University of Oslo and staying in student accommodation, hope I can survive ;)   Thanks for the op-shop recommendations, hoping to find some odd jackets, or at least a blazer I can pinch the buttons off.