or Connect

Posts by themodestman

Also, Peter Manning NYC now has a blazer. I know it's not a suit, but still a great jacket option for guys under 5'8".   -B  
Hey,   I have tried Peter Manning's chinos, weekend shirt (button down) and polo, and I love them! I've heard the jeans are great too, but haven't tried those yet.   I actually interviews Peter on my blog (see signature). Check it out if you'd like. There aren't many clothiers who focus on us shorter gents besides Manning and Jimmy Au (and his son, Alan), so make sure to send some business their way!   -Brock
For reals! Height doesn't matter. Of course, finding clothes that fit sucks even more for us shorter or taller gents. Funny - I run a website/blog about clothing for men under 5'8", and the other day I found a guy doing the same thing on the other end of the spectrum (therearegiants.com). Nice to see that the clothing industry ignores both extremes and not just us smaller men.
Those pants look very slim... is that their standard "slim fit" or did you specify measurements? Looks good though!
I've found that REI has some great rain jackets. Pretty slim fitting and hey keep the water out. The store's brand is less expensive than most of the other brands they carry (Marmot, etc.).
Yeah, I think navy is great. Not exactly dressy, but I really like dark blue boat shoes. They go with anything.   -B
Hey,   Congrats on the business venture! I have seen excellent customer service from most suppliers (Blank Label, Indochino, etc.). One thing that I'd like to see from every online MTM (some already do this) is complete transparency when it comes to materials, thread count, fabric quality, etc.   Also, it would be great if body type was taken into account. It's great to be able to measure yourself (or have someone else do this), but it would be nice if there were...
I heard Betty is pregnant in real life, and that's why they wrote her getting fat into the show. What a shame...
Yeah true. They definitely could have ended with the second to last episode. But that's how Mad Men is...realistic. Big things don't happen in every episode. Rarely, in fact. And it still manages to be just as dramatic, if not more, than the most action packed, twist filled shows on TV.
Fair enough. I actually thought last season was the end until I saw the preview last week. I guess we'll see. It was definitely good enough to just end there, so hopefully they don't ruin it.   I have faith.