or Connect

Posts by peezlep

This should be compulsory reading before anyone reads and participates in any (relevant) forum. So well put, thank you.
Superdenim with some new service boots for you 2030 fans
That didn't work then, this is my boot and the previous image is from Viberg.com
[IMG] Well I sent an email this morning raising the issue, so we will see what they say. To illustrate the issue, here is another picture of the stitching on my boot and a comparison image lifted from the Viberg site showing the wax flesh derby boot and attention to detail I've taken as a given from my previous purchases
Does sound a little strange. I've always found every last detail of my Vibergs to be stronger than a tank.
Maybe I'm being dim, but what do you mean by a later peals off? Which two layers?
I must have some fat/wide feet! The 2040 and 2045 are very tight for me when I out them on and wear them initially. After a bit of time, the leather must give a bit as the comfort is fine. But without the benefit of a shoe horn, I'm not sure id be able to out them on. The 110 on the other hand is comfortable instantly and I only use a shoe horn for ease and convenience (can you tell I'm on a one man mission to sway public opinion away from the 2030 to the 110?)
I couldn't agree more. I've invested a disgraceful amount of money in Viberg shoes as boots as I, and many clearly believe that they are finest of their kind available. For one, I think the 110 last is the best fitting and looking shape I've ever come across (I only wish they'd make more on it rather than the 2030 which does nothing for me personally look and fit wise). The build quality and attention to detail is unmatched. I held a pair oxfords next to a pair of...
Just to further illustrate my point (sorry if I'm droning on...) clockwise from top left are (almost) all of my Vibergs, starting from a few years ago. The two most recent just aren't as 'clean' Edit: image is wrong way round for some reason. Tan roughouts are oldest, tan Latigo and wax flesh newest
That's interesting and possibly backs up my point about quality control. There's clearly nothing wrong with their ability to still make the very finest work boots, nothings changed in that respect. It may just be that what passes through quality control has been loosened slightly. Like I said its probably a case of me being picky, but to have 5 pairs that were faultless, and then the two most recent to be a little suspect suggests something's changed.