or Connect

Posts by StormRider

Just submitted the remake request.  Here are my changes.   Jacket Jacket/Shirt Length 27.75″ Edit Chest Size 40.5″ -1.5″ Stomach Size 36.5″ -1″ Jacket Hips 38.75″ -1″ Shoulder Size 17.25″ -1″ Sleeve Length 23.25″ -0.5″ Bicep Size 14.5″ -1″...
Alex, I have the exact same problem with my Indochino suit sleeves.   You can read Tailorgod's excellent explanation here: http://www.styleforum.net/t/314044/my-first-indochino-suit-should-i-ask-for-remake/30#post_5730577
Just to confirm, to fix the sleeves on my Indochino suit, I should ask Indochino to rotate the sleeves toward the back of the body, and to match the sleeve crown & size to the armhole.   I suspect even if a tailor measured me, the suit would still be off because their measurement is very particular if you watch the video.  Apparently, some people who got measured by the traveling tailor in Chicago had the suit that is too snug, I wonder what Indochino's instruction to the...
Tailorgod, again excellent information, will take me a bit to digest, thanks.
smoov7410, great information.   I'm actually in the process of requesting a remake, and my request is almost exactly as yours.   My Jacket: -1.5" chest -1" waist -1" hip -1" bicep I also requested higher holes   Pants: -0.5" waist -0.5" seat -0.5" length   Shirt: -0.75" neck -2" waist -1" hip -1/2" bicep   That got me thinking, maybe Indochino consistently add a bit too much to these measurements (chest, waist...)    Can...
Despos, that makes a lot of sense.  Looking at the photos again, it looks like the lines appear to be indicate the backward rotation is called for, meaning clockwise on the right sleeve.  Sounds like the sleeve head and crown are too large for the armhole, anything I can tell Indochino to fix that?    When I ordered the suit, I told Indochino to do "high armhole", could that have contributed to the problem?  But I also don't want to have low armhole, so I'm torn.   Thanks.
  Tailorgod wow, this is a great response, so much information to digest.   I spoke to my regular tailor yesterday, and she told me to take in 1.5" off the side seams around the chest area, she actually pinned it down and showed me, and I like the result very much.    She didn't mention the issues around the sleeve pitch or the shoulder.  I found that a bit disappointing, maybe it's time for me to get another tailor, but I digress.   Here are some follow-up questions. 1....
  This is good insight.  I do think there are a lot of people with way more experience than myself who can steer me in the right direction.  The suit felt slightly too baggy, not as much as I think I initially thought.   I think the shoulder was my biggest issue, and my tailor told me there is no easy way to shave off an inch off the shoulder without a lot of work.   I'm not looking for an tight fit, just a fit that allows me to move around but also so I don't look like a...
  I had the same doubt but later found out it's maintained by a SF regular Lorenzl - http://www.styleforum.net/u/78949/lorenzl.   Looks at his signature: http://www.styleforum.net/t/52943/indochino-suits/2505#post_5711309   I think he's doing a pretty good job keeping things up-to-date.
Yes, according to the video, you should do it while wearing shirt and pants.  Wrist and neck should be taken without clothing.   I'd recommend wearing pants and shirts that are thin in material and close fitting so they don't add too much to your measurements.  E.g. no jeans or flannel shirts.