or Connect

Posts by StormRider

Just got it back yesterday. Still sticking out a little in the back. Will take some pictures tonight to show you. The pinstripes are a bit slanted if one looks close enough.
Tailorgod, thanks for the note.   I talked to my tailor immediately after seeing you note.  She told me that she usually does not take in the back center seam, but since she thinks the problem was the back was too wide, but not the side, she still recommends taking in the fabric at the back seam.  I asked her multiple times whether this will change the direction of the pinstripes in the back, and she assured me it would be barely noticeable.   I'll just have to...
VinnyMac, I ordered 2 button cuff, that's why it looks so long.   I took my suit to my tailor to fix the gaping vent problem.  She recommend take away 1/2" at the center back seam, and to extend the back by 1/2".  After she pinned things down, the gaping vent went away.   I'll pick it up the altered suit on Friday Oct 19, will take a few photos then.   Here are the photos showing what she did.
I'm not an expert in women's clothing or men's clothing for that matter.  The proportion of the shirt looks ok based on photo #1, but everything (chest, waist and seat) are 1-2 inches too big.  The bicep should be reduced by 1-2 inches as well.   However, before you adjust your measurements for the next shirt order, think about where you'll be wearing these shirts, in an official environment, a tight-fitting, semi-transparent shirt may not bring in mind the image you want...
Thoughts?
I'm still trying to figure out why the vent gape in the back, any ideas?   I saw Jeffery D's suit had a similar problem. http://tuttofattoamano.blogspot.co.at/2012/09/indochino-how-did-my-garment-turn-out.html   Thanks.
The armholes and biceps look too big on the shirt. The chest and waist on the suit look too big as well. Your sleeves don't have the issues mine has. I think your tailor may be able to fix the suit issues.
This is a photo from the currently on sale Superhero Blazer.   I think my suit jacket's back looks better than this.  
  Most of my shirts go through HKD/Aldex or SXY.  Both of them are equally crappy and their tracking sites don't work well at all.  I usually just email Modern Tailor asking for the USPS tracking number 5-8 days after shipping, and they usually can get it for me from the carrier.   BTW, the tracking site for SXY is actually http://sha.hkdexpress.net/index.htm.   Best of luck.
From the time I filled the Indochino remake form online to the date the remake showed up at my front door about 22 days, comparable to the turn around time of my original order.   It did take me a week to get feedback from my tailor and from SF experts.