or Connect

Posts by Mox C

I had my roommate tell me when my shoulders were even before snapping the pics, which is why it is different from the first set. I wanted one with them fairly even so that shifted shoulders wouldn't be influencing how the jacket hung. My muscle stiffness comes and goes, so I don't think the high left is all that consistent. When my left side starts to get stiff and ache, my left shoulder can rise up pretty high. The back center seam of the jacket is not equidistant from...
I was thinking in the other direction. Does anyone but Cheaney use their particular style of solid triangles? Admittedly I have limited exposure, but I haven't come across anyone else that does.I don't know if you saw this: http://www.styleforum.net/t/24109/hof-labels-heels-and-nail-patterns-secrets-to-id-the-maker/510#post_5071670
A little, though not in a major way. They are more snug. When measured from the collar seam to the sleeve seam, they are 6.5" vs. 6.75" and 7" on the other two jackets I compared it to. It does seem that the jacket pivots on the top button, with the hem strongly connected to the shoulder.I asked my roommate to grab a snap this time, so he could tell me if my shoulders were close to straight. He noticed that the center seam of the jacket didn't match my spine. I pulled out...
At 3:00, you can see (what I believe to be) the gemming, already glued to the insole, being stitched to the upper. At 3:12, the Goodyear machine makes an appearance. More Goodyear footage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOrwF0Lhz9w Some hands-on work @ 2:00. This one shows how they do one type of closed channel at 3:30. These would be Blake stitched, correct? Goodyear welting at 3:30 followed by hand welting at 3:45. Am I right in assuming that this must be...
My guess would be Cheaney. Do you have a closer picture of the sole markings around the channel? It's hard to tell if the triangles are solid or made of lines.
Thanks for the reply. This jacket seems to be more susceptible to this effect than other jackets I have. Moving my shoulders while wearing the other jackets will cause this bowing, but not as drastically or easily as it does with this one. They only have a single dart on each side rather than the two on each side that this one has. I don't know if that makes a difference. The other darts are fairly straight, while the ones that comes down from the sleeve have a bit of a...
By Crom, that's a hell of a find!
Do your part and neuter your loafers today.Though I think they look like plant parts. I'm sure those who are allergic are happy to have that much less loafer pollen floating about.
http://www.styleforum.net/t/24109/hof-labels-heels-and-nail-patterns-secrets-to-id-the-maker
It's like that with any hobby: bicycling, photography, clothing... Jumping straight into the "serious" level tends to get yourself over your head, but you don't need to go there right off the bat. Just like you wouldn't recommend someone get a bespoke suit as their first dip into the sartorial pond, getting a tricked out racing cycle isn't the nest thing for someone new to biking (unless you stumble on a deal). Get a ready-to-pedal and make sure you like it first, then you...