or Connect

Posts by Mox C

Those are incandescent so won't have the gaps in the spectrum the way florescent does, but they are always on so can generate a fair bit of heat. It can get uncomfortable if you are working close to the lights.Light sets seem to break down like this:Florescent: Cool and cheap, but poor color representation.Incandescent: Cheap and good color, but hot.Strobes: Cool and good color, but expensive.An external flash can give you all three, but you need the right camera to make...
I had something more like this in mind...
On the way back from a doc's appointment, I stopped in a regular haunt. As I went through the same stuff I've looked at over and over, some shimmering blue Loro Piana goodness drew my eye.2006 Brooks Brothers blazer [[SPOILER]] The way things have been around here for a while, I'm not going to turn it down.
Picked up two pair of Nettletons in my size for $5 each. On pair is some Blake stitched brown loafers that aren't worth posting a photo of (and I'll probably give to my brother), but the other is a pair of good quality monk's straps. While cleaning them, I noticed a few places where the black polish was worn away, exposing some green underneath. Is it normal to dye shoes something else than black if they are going to be polished black? Since I don't really need another...
You won't get into strobes that cheaply unless you find something used on eBay. I lucked out and found a little-used two-light set for $130 shipped, about half off new. Unless you want to do other things besides eBay shots, I agree with Grendel that a flash is more cost effective if you have a camera that can use it. Grendel, can you slave the 285? If not, I'm not sure how you would trigger it via a P&S.
Thanks, Grendel. I completely forgot about that. They call them 6500K lights because they average 6500K, even if there are holes in their spectrum. Incandescent lights get hot, so there are compromises with always-on lights. You give up something if you use lights that aren't flash/strobes.
This one doesn't look like it has an open weave. I think it might fit into the mock grenadine category.http://thesuitsofjamesbond.com/?p=6
I think it would probably be fine for shoes and anything you will be shooting at fairly close range, like pants on a whiteboard. If you are putting a suit on a mannequin, you might have to use a tripod for the camera. Depends on how steady your hands are. A weak light source matters a lot less if you use a tripod. You just have to make sure you don't have another light source nearby that can mess up the color balance. (A pro strobe system would just overpower any existing...
Damn, dude...
Thanks, man. Jacket length shortening is probably a long way off, if ever. Heck, I even need to practice my basic stitches more. I wouldn't do a pants rehem on anything more than a practice pair right now. Reattching buttons or fixing a pulled lining seam that's out of view I can handle. Reweaving is really in a different category from tailoring.