or Connect

Posts by Basset

Indeed he did, im still never gonna wear a pair thou ;-)
When i see the term Gibson, i just imagine a shoe with an apron, i expect a few on here will have seen the pics of Weller & co in pointy black and white Gibsons, aka 'Jam shoes ' i've never owned a pair, and nor do i intend to !
Sorry for not getting back to you sooner, having seen yer pic i understand what you were driving at, and it left me pondering the subject, so tinterweb surfing i went.As has been established Oxford and Derby refers to the lacing system, which leaves us with two other terms used to describe shoes, those being Gibson and Blucher. A Blucher has a Derby style lacing system ( open ) and the vamp is one piece of leather, like a smooth/plain capLooking at the pics which you and i...
I've got a pair of Churches, i'd say the Royals Brogues i had were in the same ball park in regards to quality
Picked them up 2nd hand after a tip off from a mate, never been worn. The quality is not the same as the Brogues, another mate reckons they could be late 70's early 80'swhich is possible, but the heel seems quite trim and stacked/high, compaired to loafers of that period
Re jeans, in particular skin tight jobs, dont recall anything like them in the late 70's, i'd say more 82/83, horrible things worn by allsorts
Im struggling to get my head round yer description, throw a pic up mate if you can, and put me out of me misery
Royals split toe Gibson ( mates ). Royals Brogues, which i moved on due to them being to narrow. Royals punched top loafer, which are sitting in my shoe cupboard  
Alright Aces, hope yer well, im still knocking about, but been taking things a bit steady due to health etc. According to Colin, last time i saw him, im a hippy, how rude ;-)
First post in an age, i still pop in and have a gander fromm time to time, tbh i've been busy standing in a gro-bag letting me hair grow. A couple of pages back Bulldogs/union jacks came up, without wishing to sidetrack things, thought i'd a put a pic up of my pin badge which i wear on me blazer those of a certain age from a certain place, should remember Friday evening races at Eastville stadium   As for any ' associations ' i think the writing is quite clear, daft...