or Connect

Posts by newyorknoir

brand new, unworn, g. inglese shirt purchased from no man walks alone… still with original tags/box… didn't fit and wasn't able to return in time due to travel… the shirt has been sitting in my closet untouched for months now—it has some light wrinkles that will easily be ironed out, but other than that it's in brand new condition. $295.00 original...
  That's odd, they are called pochette on the Rubinacci website.
I never followed though—I took some stuff to Pierre and he did a great job all around (and the mothball smell is definitely bearable).
which of these squares would work best for someone who generally only wears a blue sc, charcoal trou, light blue shirt and navy tie (such as what you see in my profile pic)? Do you think these would be too flashy? I'm thinking the first may be too bright/too much contrast, second has too much turquoise/too similar to light blue shirt (?), and third... might work best? Maybe I'm way off on that though... I've been wearing a white linen square for a year now and am getting...
  doesn't look uniform at all.  
so this might sound a bit ridiculous to you guys, but I generally only wear a navy sc and gray trou, usually with a light blue shirt but occasionally a white shirt if it doesn't look too washed out. Anyway, most of the time I wear grey ties but I want to switch it up a bit. I own a lot of navy ties, and to my surprise a lot of them don't really work with the sportcoat because if they are a slightly different shade of blue it doesn't really look great. Anyway, can you...
did a little research online, they actually look a lot closer to these shoes.. almost identical.. unfortunately they list a bunch of names and I wouldn't have the slightest idea of which one is most likely.. maybe Lattanzi? http://fr.groups.yahoo.com/group/soulierdeluxe/  
can anyone ID these shoes? the pattern made me think of Selborne, but since I've only seen pictures of the shoe on the internet and never in person I can't quite tell if the last is the same.. The Selborne looks like it possibly has a fuller toe cap? Anyway, it might be impossible to tell from this picture, but if anyone has any insight that would be great (and of course you can click on pic to enlarge).    
  bump...   rolling and hanging for a few days unfortunately didn't help on the twill.. again, the grenadine will be fine. i'm not sure if it's difficult to judge how deep the impressions are from the pictures but it would look ridiculous to wear the twill like this in public.. from the side it looks like a bent penis.. I'll try hanging in the bathroom while I shower if that's okay. After I will let it dry and then wear around the house a few times before I resort to the...
I had two Drake's ties shipped to me from London—grenadine and 50oz royal twill, 9cm so I had to order from London as nobody else carries that width. There was no domestic tracking offered, and I wasn't there on the day that USPS tried to delivery the package. Either the delivery guy put the notification on the outside of the storm door (of course), so it blew away, or was smoking crack rock on the job and forgot to give me a slip altogether, but I didn't find out that I...