or Connect

Posts by Ennius

I think burgundy cashmere will be my next scarf purchase.  I already have a gray cashmere. 
Is there going to be a doorman evaluating how fashionably dressed each potential entrant is, before deciding to let them in?   I am not sure I will make the cut.  Maybe a group of us fashion failures can shop elsewhere or at least drink.
Man of Lint, Interesting perspective. I like how you change your approach between lighter coats with your tie showing and heavy coats without much else showing.
Just found the Hober appreciation thread. Thanks for pointing it out. Wonderful stuff. Maybe save me from ordering too many swatch sets. Pinkpanther - which sets do you own? I was rhinking Grossa and Prometeo....at first
I love that burgundy pindot, too.  The white dots give it just a bit more zest that takes the look to the next level.
One more question, Gents.   Of our basic core ties which isnt exactly defined which go well with a white shirt?  The pictures here make the silver/grey and burgundy look good with a white shirt.  What other colors go well with white?   It most of the basic ties go well with light blue.  At times I wish I had studied basic color theory so I had a better sense of the color palette combinations.  But I must confess this stuff is indeed fun.
Gents,   I want to order a burgundy grenadine from Hober but am a bit worried about how dark their burgundies are versus their silk burgundies.       Flyswatter - is that burgundy pindot the "White On Burgundy Printed Dot Silk Tie #3" pictured below?  I like that shade of burgundy very much and in your picture is looks a bit lighter than the Hober picture I pasted below.   It seems like Mr. Hober's pictures tend to be a bit darker than the ties may actually be? It...
Couple questions on Howard's trousers, too.   Any idea on their rise?  I am around a 36" waist and need about a 9.5" rise.  The 11"+ rises just dont work.   Also, any sense of how slim the cut is?  I have broad thighs which can be a challenge.  Paul Stuart works but Black Fleece doesnt.   Lastly, how does their quality compare with say Paul Stuart, Black Fleece....?   Thanks
Thanks.  ^^^
Hi Gents,   Could I trouble some with a couple of questions about Howard's sweater?   I am looking at his lambswool sweaters which look nice in the pictures.   What is their quality say versus Brooks Brothers?     How does their sizing run?  For reference a Brooks Brothers Large is way too long in the sleeves for me while a J. Lindeberg large works about right.   Thanks