or Connect

Posts by Ennius

I just ordered 4 swatches - grenadine prometeo and grossa, and both grenadine rep swatches.  This should be fun.   Mr Hober - here is a off the wall suggestion.  After one buys a high level of Hober ties, perhaps give them a complete set of the Hober swatches (at least at that time).  This will need to be enough ties (50+?) to justify the comp, but could make things very interesting.  This would create an elite and mysterious club.     And also create a mysterious...
Hi Gents,   I just found this thread.  Very nice indeed.  I am developing a love of tweed.  Especially in this cold weather.     I just ordered a pair of brown herringbone tweed trousers from Kent Wang - I wanted the fabric a bit heavier but the guy told me most folks live in climate controlled environments so they dont need as heavy fabric as back in the day!  That does make sense but I assume the old school Scottish shops still make heavy old school tweeds?!     I...
Ppanther,   That is one sweet tie!   Starts with conservative grey and even adds some orange.     Lets one explore their inner pastel?!
Just got my first Howard Yount lambswool sweater today. Seems very nice and will wear next week at work. Interestingly the sweater was mailed from Harlem, I think. Does HY have a Harlem office?
Me too. Many stylish designers make trousers with side tabs these days - thom browne, ovadia....
Hi David, What is your target market you are making the advertising for? I am not a marketing whiz but think it helps to consider who you are trying to reach. What are you offering him that he doesnt already have? Why does he need it? Could these be guys who are currently buying solid OTR stuff like Paul Stuart or Zegna but are ready to take it to the next level? Or will be ready once they see your clever advertisment? Ultimately I think good advertising addreses a...
just ordered the prometeo burgundy and the pseudo Prince of Wales.  Am excited for them to arrive.   Its hard to stop at only two.  Kind of addictive.   PPanther - any color on why you choose the 6-fold for the #183 tie above?  you wanted to bit more heft?
thanks.   Basically agreed.  But at the year end sale I could get it about 1/2 off and then maybe I care to have a nice 'fashion piece'!
Hi Gents,   No fans of the tweed messenger bag or briefcase here?
Hi Gents,   I rather like the Brooks Brothers harris tweed messenger bag - especially the herringbone look..  They make this in two colors shown below.  I think I prefer the brown.  They are ~$350 so may wait for the big sale at year end.   Does anyone have experience with this or similar products?  I am trying to get a sense of the quality.  Would these be more seasonal - say fall/winter?   Also any suggestions on who else makes similar stuff?  I have googled and...