or Connect

Posts by Ennius

still waiting for Moulded Shoe to get the order of long wings....
Thanks for the suggestions on the rust/orange ties.  Even if some are out of stock!  Those wool ones are very nice.   I assume the lighter/silk ones are good for spring/summer?
any suggestions on good Hober rust/burnt orange ties?
On a side note who pays $5K for an OTR PL suit?   At that price range there are so many serious bespoke options which should dominate the excellent quality OTR PL.    I just dont get it.  Is it mostly brand whoring?
thanks for the good comments.   I like my IM linen sweater so far.  Up to the 2nd wearing!   Any suggestion where one finds silk sweaters?  I hadnt even thought of that.   My office can be cold in the summer so a sweater is very helpful (we are business casual).  
Hi Gents,   I am looking a get some summer sweaters and want to learn a bit more about what are good materials.  Cotton, linen....?  Summer sweaters generally seem more stretchy and fragile than fall/winter wool ones.  But not much cheaper.    I just got a 100% linen from Inis Meain (big sale) and want to see how it looks/wears after using it a bit.     Any thoughts/suggestions appreciated.
Hi Gents,   Thanks for the insights.  I do prefer flannel or tweed in the winder as they seem warmer than worsted.   I think I want at least 20 ounce weight.  I actually read about the old school 'gamekeeper' trousers that apparently were 24 ounce weight.  It makes me think of folks walking on the Scottish moors in the winter.     I am certainly willing to consider MTM for good stuff.  I hope it wouldnt cost over say $400-500.
Hi Gents,   I have a couple 14 ounce trousers which are warm enough to and back from work when its cold.   But I want to find some heavier ones - say 18 ounce+ - to wear when I am out in the cold for a while.  For example I will be in London next week and will take a 3 hour outdoor walking tour.  Heavy trousers seem might appropriate in this case.   Any suggestions where I can get heavier wool trousers - preferably in a modern cut?  I dont want to look like I should...
Hi Gents, A couple of my Hober grenadines have small threads popping up. Any guidance on how to put th thread back in? I am willing to pay someone as my dexterity isn't that good. I live in NYC is there are tailors who can do this. Thanks