or Connect

Posts by Ennius

The Myron Glazer stuff looks very nice.   How long is the wait?  I assume they never go on sale?
  I got my prometeo burgundy about a month ago and really like it.  seems like a nice dark burgundy. Havent seen the grossa one.
Thanks archibald.   Midnight blue with pindots it will be!
Hi Gents,   I have a lavender tie that I want to pair with one of my 4 hobers, if possible.  I will wear this with either a grey or navy suit.   Here are my 4 options:   Grenadine Burgundy Grenadine Charcoal/Silver Grenadine midnight blue with pindots Prince of Wales   Midnight blue with pindots or maybe burgundy?  Now I wish I had the navy grenadine....  This is what I get for getting off the fairway shirt colors I guess.   In an ideal world what Hober ties...
Hi Gents,   Thanks for the info on Mismo.  Seems attractive at the right prices!
thanks PP.   Think I will get both the houndstooth and the rep ties next.  I will have a pretty good core Hober 6 then.   Grenadine Burgundy Grenadine Charcoal/Silver Grenadine midnight blue with pindots Prince of Wales +2 above.
rodaman,   Despos is Chris Despos - a high end bespoke tailor in Chicago.  He probably knows more about clothes and fitting than 99% of the folks here.  If he says it, I would believe it.
what are folks thoughts on Mismo?  in terms of quality and styling?   The aviator could be a nice travel bag.
Quick note - David showed me his double brested Dormieul herringbone overcoat last week.  It is very nice.  Bespoke around $2500 I believe.     I have a similar Ovadia one which we compared (retails for ~1,500).  My is about 1 season old while David's is 3-4 seasons old.     What did I learn:   (1)  His wool has aged much better though he has worn his 3-4x more than I have.  Top notch fabrics last/wear better.  Much less piling. (2)  His looks newer because it has...
PP-   I love that English #20.  I tried to order it on the Hober website but looks like its long gone.  Its  navy blue and white?   What is your thoughts on this one?  Maybe a bit too much?   http://www.samhober.com/new-plaid-silk-ties/navy-blue-and-powder-blue-hounds-tooth-silk-tie-31.html   Which is your favorite grenadine stripe tie?  I looked back many pages but couldnt find the one folks here were raving about.   Finally,  in terms of chocolate grenadine, I...