or Connect

Posts by Ennius

A couple favorites - take a look. Frank Clegg Saddleback.
 Wow - you know the fittings well on the Alden lasts. I wear a 9.5EEE in the Modified Last.  I havent put much effort into other Alden lasts - they Moulded Shoe folks told me the other lasts wont fit well and I tend to trust their judgment.  Any guidance on looking at other Lasts?
Anyone have experience with the double breasted version?  I am thinking of getting one - hopefully in navy or tan.   I got the Moscow last winter in black herringbone and it is both stylish and warm.  The collar lining is so warm you dont really need a scarf, except for style of course!   I suggest sizing upp!
I wound up buying a Valstar navy blue rain jacket:   http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/index.php/makers/valstar/navy-dermit-cotton-linen-bonded-trench-coat.html   This is supposed to breathe a bit but havent had the chance to really see.  But it looks very nice as the cotton/linen blend give a great texture.
Ventile coat makers I know of include   Private Wite VC - my favorite.  Cinnamon trench in particular.   AmericanTrench   SEH Kelly   Luxire - someone already mentioned them   Mactinish - has done Ventile versions in the past
Thanks for a very interesting discussion.   I have been looking into Ventile cloth as some folks have highlighted.  Private White VC makes some beautiful stuff.   Its a shame Event hasnt been used (yet) in good mens' stuff.
I have been told that 90%+ of Leder's stuff is sold in Japan so its probably sized according to Japanese standards.   I am usually a L but XL Leder stuff is too small for me.
Hi,   What do you gents wear in the rain for East Coast Summers (I am in NYC)?  I also tend to sweat heavily so am quite interest in breathable rainwear.   Is nylon any less a walking sauna in the warm weather than bonded cotton?
thanks for the guidance.  I will look into these labels.   I would like a nice knit linen jacket for summer - indigo and/or tan!
thanks for solid advice