or Connect

Posts by Notreknip

Steve, any dark brown suede chukkas show up in that shipment? Or did I miss something? (It has been a busy week.)
Mike and crew, I trust there will be a way to get some light weight cream/oatmeal/ecru/wheat Walts in time for May? I think we're awaiting a big MTO release, but will there be some standard summer stock as well?
Great news! I'm very interested.
To me, this is fascinating. I think I understand (most of) the theory here: Essentially taking in different amounts at the front/back creates a curve at the side seam when it was once (probably) straight. Creating a curved seam will require more fabric on the uncut (or, less cut out) side to adapt to the curve. Thus, vertical "length" will be lost as it is used to adapt to the curve. I'm imagining a shirt with a graph check pattern; with a curved side seam (i.e. front...
In my experience, knit ties stretch about 5% (i.e. 2-3") in length after a few wears.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding your point and/or underestimating your knowledge, but I imagine they are comparing to this Marlow: http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1812817
Any support out there for some brown/white and grey/white dress shirt fabrics? My searches never seem to reveal much that I find desirable in these colours. Some not-too-dark university, bengal, or dress stripes would be ideal for me but I might have interest in some faint graph checks as well.
Oh wow, your photos always are the best, but that last series is simply amazing!
Not my area of expertise - you might search for input from my fellow Canadian @RogerP on high arches and/or tall feet. I'll guess though and say one of Simpson, Rain, or Soller depending where you reside on the narrow-medium-wide spectrum respectively.Based on my research Rain seems to work for most all except those needing extremes in width or those with very flat feet. If anything Rain is slightly wide at the ball, a bit loose at the heel, but aggressively shaped through...
Guys, you're very welcome! Indeed, all are 9D US equivalent* except for the Barrie which is, of course, an 8.5D. *8 UK standard width as per Carmina They all fit adequately. Forest and Oscar are quite standard in fit. The Rain feels slightly loose in the heel but both Rain pairs that I own (for now, as I have a boot on the way soon) are monks so take that with a grain of salt. The Soller on me is wide, and thus long feeling; it also feels voluminous in the instep. I...