or Connect

Posts by Notreknip

And I'll third/fourth/whatever.
Alden has a history of sending out complementary laces to previous customers that have inquired kindly.
I have complained many times about Carmina's weak laces and sharp speed hooks. I love everything about the footwear except for the fact that I have to swap out laces every month or two. Sadly, I know that it's not an either/or issue with the laces and speed hooks as I've had breakage problems with shoes as well. That said, there is a synergistic effect on boots with speed hooks that make things even worse. For what it's worth, I've asked Mike (Epaulet) and Steve (GF)...
I must say, during the Fall and Winter months, for various reasons, I've found myself sort of moving past Epaulet. For awhile it felt almost boring, or stagnant, to me. I worried that with store growth, "the move", and baby Kuhle, Epaulet may have reached its peak and the goodness may have been spread too thin. My once-a-month packages were becoming less regular, less dependable, and were often arriving with handwritten notes from strangers or vaguely familiar folks with a...
Great news! Please put a jar aside for me to be included with an inevitable upcoming order.
Steve, any dark brown suede chukkas show up in that shipment? Or did I miss something? (It has been a busy week.)
Mike and crew, I trust there will be a way to get some light weight cream/oatmeal/ecru/wheat Walts in time for May? I think we're awaiting a big MTO release, but will there be some standard summer stock as well?
Great news! I'm very interested.
To me, this is fascinating. I think I understand (most of) the theory here: Essentially taking in different amounts at the front/back creates a curve at the side seam when it was once (probably) straight. Creating a curved seam will require more fabric on the uncut (or, less cut out) side to adapt to the curve. Thus, vertical "length" will be lost as it is used to adapt to the curve. I'm imagining a shirt with a graph check pattern; with a curved side seam (i.e. front...
In my experience, knit ties stretch about 5% (i.e. 2-3") in length after a few wears.