or Connect

Posts by Notreknip

For what it's worth, I crave a darker grey grenadine when I'm wearing a brown odd/casual jacket and (gasp!) navy trousers, or the inverse. For these instances I think the ground shirt color is unimportant as long as it is lighter than its neighbors. Given the above, I find black much too formal (unless it is a knit) and browns and blues are inevitably out. This leaves green which I often try to avoid with blue, and burgundy which I often find difficult to pair with...
Is HY even still an official SF affiliate? I remember the days when Jamison would give us the inside scoop on everything. He was never a "regular" per se but he seemed very gentlemanly when he was here. I even recall quite a few photos he would post of himself in his own garments. Is Jamison perhaps busy with school or something?
Fair enough....unless you are shopping from outside the US. (As a Canadian, shipping is somewhat slow and returns are not possible, unlike Epaulet for example.)
Indeed. And it makes me wonder if SOME customer service might somehow be more frustrating than NONE. At least veteran SF members know that any emails sent are wasted finger strokes.That said, it is somewhat sad to me that outfits like HY and ToJ flourish here on SF.The classic "price, service/efficiency, quality" Venn dilemma triangle seems to skew towards good ol' cheapskate more and more in recent SF years.
I am still amazed that we put up with a company with ZERO customer service. Yet, I bought another pair of HY trousers just yesterday.
Thanks for the reply David! May I suggest that you try to find a dark grey grenadine fabric to complement your other grey shades? I think it would sell well.
Thanks PP, you are completely fair in all of your statements. I do order swatches regularly now. In my experience, the relationship between the shade on my screen and the shade in real life is quite consistent. I have also read statements from others indicating the same. Unfortunately, it is just a reality of online shopping.I guess I'm just somewhat surprised by the unavailability of a dark grey shade - in David's inventory as well as elsewhere. I thought, at first, I was...
I would appreciate a bit of help. I'm looking for a dark grey grenadine tie to add to my collection of 10 or so Hober ties. Every time I order a grey or charcoal swatch I seem to get something that I would call silver, light grey, or maybe mid grey at darkest. For example, I purchased a "Charcoal Grey/Silver Grenadine Fina" tie (before I was smart enough to get swatches first) and find it difficult to wear with anything but quite formal wear. For example, it is too light...
Dawww, I feel so foreign and out-of-touch with my old stomping grounds - I've never heard of Vivo or XIX. I'll admit they both sound pretentious but even if the food were as terrible as the names it would still likely be better than almost everything one province to the "right".
And I'll third/fourth/whatever.