or Connect

Posts by Notreknip

Yes to grey/white stripe and brown/white stripe dress shirt fabrics.
I tried an at-home dye job on a discounted cotton LBM from Epaulet a few months ago. I wish it went a fraction as well as those ones look above. I put a few hours into the process and I'm not sure the purple colour I ended up with was worth the effort. FWIW, I was going for a dark Burgundy. I can't decide whether to invest more time into the project to darken things further. I really think the overdye process needs a few critical things most DIYers don't have: patience,...
GDogg,Odd sizing for the MTO chambray Doyle as per Mike, from a few posts above.
So much good news! Thanks Mike.
I have a lightweight denim sportcoat and it is one of my favorite pieces. I imagine the chambray Doyle being useful in a similar, but obviously more casual, way. I look forward to grabbing one though I'm tempted to actually size down from my olive version and use the chambray as more of a mid-layer. On the topic of jackets, Mike, what is the general schedule for the next Southwick FF MTO? They always seem to take a bit more time than expected, so sadly, I'm already...
As a Canadian, I look forward to some more fabric options in the coming months for both shirts and trousers. Rick, I think you know what the SF community craves for shirting fabrics. For trousers, I would like to see some brown and green tones once the staple colours have proven themselves. Multiple off-white shades would be particularly great in the short term considering the season. I'd love to grab some trousers right now but I've got my standard colours already.
Only with the palest of blues, in my opinion. Personally, I find PoW hard to wear outside of formal occasions.
I'm also interested in the snuff suede string loafer re-stock. Any good news for us on that front?
I think you're referring to my comment here, which I since have felt somewhat bad for making on the affiliate thread. However it was genuine, carefully considered, and complementary in the end. That is to say, it was intended to be the opposite of adversarial; I'm quite glad you were confident enough to acknowledge it (above).I applaud the new business strategy - doing more of what Epaulet does so well: listening to demand, developing no-compromise product, and treating...
For what it's worth, I crave a darker grey grenadine when I'm wearing a brown odd/casual jacket and (gasp!) navy trousers, or the inverse. For these instances I think the ground shirt color is unimportant as long as it is lighter than its neighbors. Given the above, I find black much too formal (unless it is a knit) and browns and blues are inevitably out. This leaves green which I often try to avoid with blue, and burgundy which I often find difficult to pair with...