or Connect

Posts by Notreknip

This seems like an obvious business opportunity... Anyone want to partner up with me on my online trouser shop? (I'm joking of course, mostly. Being in Canada would make such a proposition inefficient I'm sure, not to mention those "day jobs".) But really, you young Americans out there - take this business model, make one small change, and maybe increase prices by 5-10%. I have to think you'd be successful, or at least, respected within the industry. Until then, I...
I'm expecting a batch in the coming days - likely to be my last in a long while as I will then have the final few pieces of my tie arsenal. (I know, I know...) I feel like I owe this thread a good quality photo of the whole group of Hobers when they arrive as a thank you to David and the regular posters. More than anything else, I hope the photo will prove helpful for colour comparisons. It should include a pretty good green spectrum, the 3 chocolate grossa variants, a...
Great job on the presentation of that last batch of trouser fabrics - fit and photography are both consistent, not to mention, excellent. I can only imagine the look on the faces of the passers-by during that particular photoshoot. FWIW, I am 99% sure I have that "rust" fabric in a past Walt make-up and it is fantastic in color and hand.
I imagine that the above-pictured flaring would fall out with time under the force of gravity. Personally, I would never press it with any sort of heat/humidity. My guess is that this is caused by long-term rolling of a relatively dry and crisp fabric coupled with a somewhat narrow blade width.
Yes to grey/white stripe and brown/white stripe dress shirt fabrics.
I tried an at-home dye job on a discounted cotton LBM from Epaulet a few months ago. I wish it went a fraction as well as those ones look above. I put a few hours into the process and I'm not sure the purple colour I ended up with was worth the effort. FWIW, I was going for a dark Burgundy. I can't decide whether to invest more time into the project to darken things further. I really think the overdye process needs a few critical things most DIYers don't have: patience,...
GDogg,Odd sizing for the MTO chambray Doyle as per Mike, from a few posts above.
So much good news! Thanks Mike.
I have a lightweight denim sportcoat and it is one of my favorite pieces. I imagine the chambray Doyle being useful in a similar, but obviously more casual, way. I look forward to grabbing one though I'm tempted to actually size down from my olive version and use the chambray as more of a mid-layer. On the topic of jackets, Mike, what is the general schedule for the next Southwick FF MTO? They always seem to take a bit more time than expected, so sadly, I'm already...
As a Canadian, I look forward to some more fabric options in the coming months for both shirts and trousers. Rick, I think you know what the SF community craves for shirting fabrics. For trousers, I would like to see some brown and green tones once the staple colours have proven themselves. Multiple off-white shades would be particularly great in the short term considering the season. I'd love to grab some trousers right now but I've got my standard colours already.