or Connect

Posts by Notreknip

I'm #39 on the list. I'm not sure what my $ amount would be, but I'm still waiting on: Women's Black Lamb DR - silver zips - no quilting - bemberg lining
1 dvskei 2 chenm0416 3 Feji 4 MickeyPunch 5 StPauli 6 reallypeacedoff 7 wklq76a 8 FireGX 9 RetroFuture 10 Spaghettimatt 11 Nolvadex 12 flipster 13 TheObserver 14 bakasam 15 Death24xASecond 16 Demure 17 veekta 18 SuperFamicom 19 pyroxyze 20 ninopwns 21 Danay 22 jim_n 23 segrantz 24 jacobs412 25 Rommel 26 speeed 27 wholeeoh 28 raspberryjam 29 overtone 30 oldfashionedbc 31 povatix 32 pandazzz 33 SurakiCrim 34 tunneler 35 Hokuto 36 basil rathbone 37 althanis 38 pistolero 39...
Indeed, we've been through this many times; there's really nothing we can do other than use words - as a community - on this forum to inspire action.I guess you could say that's what I'm trying to do.But really, it's all about hope. I've still got some. However, come September I'll tell my wife she isn't getting her jacket.
For what it's worth, here's another data point as I continue to investigate all potential options. I'm simply relaying facts and doing so as honestly and accurately as possible. I called Visa - they are unable to do anything to help me due to the time since the expected date of receiving the goods. They directed me to the BBB, and I sort of had to laugh at that suggestion. The representative genuinely seemed to feel terrible for me though, which was kind of nice. I...
Thanks! Today was a bit tighter for personal time but I did a quick jeans-style hem (does it have a name?) on a pair of 5-pocket twill pants. A good press and pins weren't even necessary. It was a 20 minute job at most, including measurements.Next up is probably a cuffed hem, then maybe a split waist take-in, then maybe some shirt darts. After that I really want to jump to my main end-goal of jacket sleeves.Do we have a DIY alterations thread here, or is this it?
While we're making recommendations, Rick, may I suggest that you get your garments (particularly the textured jackets) out in the sunlight and capture some photos in action while being worn by real humans? This is something that I think Epaulet does particularly well albeit at a higher price point. Interestingly, it is something that SuitSupply doesn't really do that well at all. In other words, I think there may be an opportunity in there somewhere. One good photo...
As someone that is probably a 10-hour drive from a "major" US city, I'd be happy to pay a reasonable surcharge if you (or anyone else) were to ever grab a bunch. I could use 6-8 more pair.Oh, and @Cityplace, thanks!
Partially inspired by this thread, I asked for a sewing machine as a (old man) birthday gift. Got one yesterday. Today I watched a few YouTube videos, made one $100-trip to the craft store for miscellaneous supplies, came back and in the first 3 hours or so... I successfully slimmed (thigh down), blind hemmed, and stitched a traveller's crease on my previously-hideous cotton golf pants. I feel like a champ! If you've considered trying alterations, just do it...
Am I doing something wrong? It wants to charge me the $35 plus another $35 in shipping!
I have many times. Total time from order to receipt is generally about a month. I always order one tie at a time and have never once been charged duty. The ties are fantastic; order with confidence!