or Connect

Posts by Notreknip

Wow, I'll fully investigate your suggestions when time allows, but for now all I can do is say thanks for going above and beyond!!This thread really delivers; as a more senior member, I now feel the need to give back to it in some way. (I trust that is the point?)Cheers!
Thanks - and thanks to @dazedstate as well.The rationale for plastic is purely economic. If I can spend $2 for something that functions the same as a $30 item, to me, it's a no brainer. (My closet is seen by my eyes only so esthetics don't matter.) I'd love to one day have a closet full of beautiful wooden hangers, but 30 jackets x $30 (+ the terrible CAD/USD exchange + duty + shipping) just isn't worth it.I have a few wonderful, thick, sturdy, plastic hangers that I...
I'm having a heck of a time sourcing some thick (>2") contoured black plastic jacket/suit hangers. The ones that Suitsupply provides would be a good example of what I'm after. I'd be willing to spend up to $10 per, but I would assume I wouldn't need to spend much more than $2. I'm looking for 20, maybe 30. I'm in Canada but desperate enough to consider a US proxy. Any ideas?
Would anyone be able to provide advice on how I could go about removing Nano Protector from my suede shoes? I'd like to dye my white bucks brown and clearly the layer of protection is going to be counterproductive at this point. In the absence of contrary advice I'll plan to try a vigorous soap and water scrub before escalating perhaps all the way to a misting with acetone. Thoughts?
Excellent. Thanks for the quick answer. Any links available or shall I inquire by email?
I'm looking for a (likely) semi-synthetic fabric to make up a few golf shirts. They will be pretty similar in design to the standard golf polo and due to the activity some stretch within/between the fibers is critical. For what it's worth I find most pique cotton weaves to be a bit too heavy and not sufficiently breathable. Really, I'm looking for the shirting equivalent to the "wool rich" pants with which I have been very impressed. I'd love to try the cellulares, but...
I am extremely impressed with the Wool Rich trousers I received a few weeks back. The best way to explain them is that they look identical to most of my wool trousers, they feel/drape almost exactly like most wool trousers, they seem to breathe decently, they barely wrinkle, and they're (gasp!) machine washable! Honestly, if they came in 4-5 other staple colours (stone, oatmeal, light grey, white, etc.) I'd likely order one of each.Precisely.I received a soft-shouldered...
I agree with the point above and it segues well into your question, actually.If you wear blues, go stone. If you wear browns, go cream. That is not to say that colour temperatures can't be blended. In the end, both are incredibly versatile - they are just lighter variants of staple mid-grey and mid-brown trousers.My opinion: start with stone.
Stone is generally more grey (i.e. cooler) whereas cream is generally of a slight brown or almost pinkish (i.e. warmer) tone.I have numerous trousers in this colour range (they're my favourite) and when worn individually they all look essentially the same. Only when next to each other in the closet can the warmth or coolness be discerned.... makes me wonder, in a way, why I have so many.
Oops, evidently I did it wrong - I put my friend's email in the first box.Just FYI, you may wish to clarify what to put where...