or Connect

Posts by lanhdo

Hi Despos, Thank you for your reply. Yes, we live in US. I actually have tried to dry naturally in the sun and overnight too. Our haircloth continues to shrink after dry-cleaning. And I know for sure that our fabric covering the haircloth does not shrink.  We are making half canvas suits right now because of our nervousness that the full canvas will continue to shrink after dry cleaning. I think we are just not able to find a high quality canvas yet. If you know...
Sanguis, thank you for the reply.    We have tried to pre-shrink the hair cloth; however, it does still seem to shrink eventually. To shrink we have been soaking the hair cloth in hot water over night and ironing dry the next morning. Do you follow a similar technique? I think I might not have a high quality hair cloth. Where do you purchase your hair cloth? Is the hair cloth you purchase already pre-shrunk?   Thank you!
You seem to make very high quality suits. Your craftsmanship is amazing. Where do you purchase your horse hair cloth for creating full canvas suits? I am having a hard time acquiring quality hair cloth that does not shrink. Do you have a certain technique that you follow that may limit or negate shrinking?  Thank you and keep up the great work!