or Connect

Posts by NY Hockey

I know this is totally personal preference, but which pair would look better with darker jeans and/or khaki pants or darker tones?  Thanks!   http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/cole-haan-paul-chukka-boot/3175663   http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/cole-haan-paul-chukka-boot/3207590
I have to admit that I see some excellent deals on Amazon for Ray Ban's...While I can go to a store and try some on and then just ditch the place, that is not really my style.  I just think it is in bad taste.  I'd rather not waste their time and use them just to find what I like.   So I was wondering what your thoughts are on what kind of Ban's would be most comparable to this cheap pair that I now have?   http://i45.tinypic.com/2vdh5yd.jpg     Thanks for...
Thanks for the additional info, folks.
Hey all,   I wrote earlier that I've never wore a pair or jeans yet this year....Was never into them or found a good fit (in general not a jeans guy).  But for my job,  I can wear them and it is just too tempting to have this outfit w/ a button down shirt or polo.   I found two pairs I am really fond of.  Just wondering what you would believe are more appropriate for a work setting?   I am leaning towards these after some thought today...Darker and less...
Hi,   I am not a jeans person.  I've worn jeans a total of 0 times so far this yr.  But as time passes I see I can wear them Friday at work.  Every few yrs I buy a pair just to have...nothing extravagant, but something that it seems I can wear.  My last pair was a 1969 Gap relaxed fit.  They are a darker color which is perfect, but too big in areas.  The waist will need to be taken in between 1-2" and if possible, I would like a different taper from the calf down (to...
Thanks for the responses.   Stubloom- Pretty informative...Good stuff.  It's definitely from the cleaning solution since my pants have no stains to speak of.  The second reason makes perfect sense and I see what you're saying. It seems unless you find a fairly high end place, you are pretty much damned then since many cleaners will go for the cheaper route and not change the solution batch/base much?  But yes, I may definitely try some others, at least for the...
Hi all,   I've read some older threads on this and found some different info on it.  I do love my cleaners as they just treat me well in general, but it is getting a little frustrating.   It seems my shirts come out fine, but my pants come out with a distinct odor.  After picking them up it doesn't seem that bad, but once I wear my pants, especially outside, the odor just seems to be fairly strong.  Enough where I actually keep fabric softeners at my desk so I...
    Probably true, but this is a fairly casual place to begin with.  Some women wear jeans any given day of the week as well as sandles, etc.  Guys just as bad.    I could definitely get away w/ what I was thinking above...I just wanted a nice combo to make it work and still look respectable.  For example, I got a nice pair of save khaki pants in the Fall and in hindsight they just don't fit my body well.   Some more pants that seem to be in my line of...
I can't disagree, but to be fair I did write above that you should wear what you like and what fits you well.   I am guilty of expecting a certain quality from different price points and brands, that is true.     And once again, I'm kind of a bland guy in regards, so I can't say it would hurt to kind of 'whore' out a brand once in a while.
Well, at the end of the day I think you should get what you like and what fits you best....That is what it is all about.  But after reading some threads, it does seem like their Polo's have a "pretentious" stigma attached to them, which I guess I understand.   I think they look pretty cool and unqiue to be honest.  I'm a quiet and shy guy as well, so bringing a little attention to myself may not be a bad thing, but it is all about how you carry it as well.  Still may...