or Connect

Posts by GuudBuy

@imatlas: The BB 1818 fits me quite well, ~$70 alteration for the back collar (to cover a "bump"), lengthening the sleeve, and slimming the waist. Oh, that's gonna bump the cost to $800!  The pants are hugging  a little tight - I squat - even though there is no "stretch mark" around the thigh area, but tighter than my taste ...and they can't do separates. What do you say?   Btw, how do you find those BB suits "a lot less" than $700? I was thinking about waiting for...
Hey guys, a banker in SF (the city and the forum) here. I am in the process of getting a replacement of my basic solid charcoal suit... something conservative. Primarily use this to attend business meetings and weddings. I stand 5'11" at 176lb.   How would you compare the construction and fit of ~$900 Spoon Tailor (full-canvassed + tax) vs. ~$700 Brooks Brothers 1818 (corporate discount + tax)? If you were in my plight, which one would you go for in terms of value...
First timer here, be gentle    Has anyone had any experience comparing Spoon Tailor quality to:   1. Brooks Brothers 1818 (I get this at $700, corporate discount) 2. Duchess Clothiers - http://www.styleforum.net/t/159853/duchess-clothier-of-portland The price range of Spoon Tailor is pretty similar to Duchess at ~$800 per suit. How does the construction and tailoring quality compare? Mixed reviews from SF...