or Connect

Posts by drilzzz

Thanks Peacoat! You’re information has helped me a lot . I’ll have to run to the store and get of those brushes after I drop it off at the cleaners. There is no tag that indicates size at all. The only tag is present reads “Naval Clothing Factory” and the name and rate is blank. It also has no name name stenciled (wrong terminology?) anywhere on the coat’s lining. The hand warmers are have a real nice and clean look so I am assuming it wasn’t used much. I verified the...
Thanks for giving me some feedback. Its going to the cleaners today and hoping I ca get used to the size 
Good day everyone. I received my 10 button WW2 peacoat today in the mail and wanted to get some feed back about the fit, look, and etcetera. Overall, I am happy with the coat since I have been looking for over a year to find an original piece with the right measurements. Anyhow, the pit to pit in the ad said 19” but its more of 19.5"-19.75”.  My questions are how do I clean the coat and how do I get rid of the wrinkled collar. Also, the coat seems a bit boxy when...
  This is the picture I came across and it made my decision easy. The fit looks real geat. Anything fitter would make me feel uneasy lol. Thanks!
So its been a long time coming but I finally took a spontaneous shot on a coat I came across on ebay. Had to do some last minute research (reading the peacoat threads and the dating thread) and hoping that I made a wise choice lol.   My measurements in the chest area is about  37.5- 38 inches. I have plenty of jackets with a pit to pit measurement of 19 so I thought this one was the one since I have an affinity towards the 10 button version. From what I read these are a...
Thanks for the help Nopike343. I have several coats and the p2p is different in every single one lol. I have a Levi’s Trucker jackets thats 19 p2p and it fits tight and then I have a vintage lumberjack jacket thats 21 across the pit and it fits nice for that jacket. I just don’t know how to go about finding the right size for the peacoat.  I’ve read so many posts both on the fedora and this site and the information that I have gathered from your posts this far are greatly...
I’ve been reading through these posts and I’m bit of a time crunch and looking to order a coat I have my eyes on. What is mostly placing a questions mark in my mind is the extra space needed in the coat around the chest area. I measured my pit to pit its 18.5 inches and measuring all the way around its about 37.5 inches. I do not necessarily want to layer heavily but maybe thinner type sweater or shirt will suffice for me. What size pit to pit of chest should I buy and...
bumpity 
Hey guys I am selling a pair of pretty nice shoes. I bought two pairs in different sizes with the intention of returning the incorrect size. Long story short I can no longer return them and decided to place them here. Check out the pictures and let me know if you are interested by emailing me here or at redelius@nova.edu.... the latter I check more ofter. I wore the pair I decided to keep a couple times and I’m very pleased with these boots. PayPal only and the price...
First post here. Was wondering where can I get replacement laces, how do I protect my leather, what kind of pants should I wear with my boots, where can I cop these joint at? Haha just kidding... these 402 pages are so redundant and I think I read about 80% of it all.    Kinda stumbled upon the desert boot.. an essential addition IMO. Anyhow, to help with the confusion of sizing I decided to add my personal experience. I wear a 10.5 in all my Nike Air shoes. I...