or Connect

Posts by MTC87

If I want a new pair of trousers altered to fit as similarly as possible to an existing pair, is there any way to use the existing pair as a pattern?  I plan to stop by my tailor next week to ask if he can do that, but I wanted to get some thoughts on whether this is feasible.
Is there an advantage to measuring your best-fitting shirt vs. sending in a shirt for replication? I'd rather trust Luxire with measuring the shirt I want to replicate, but it seems like lots of people recommend measuring it yourself. Am I missing something?
Do the Havana's patch pockets (or anything else about it) make it a little too casual for officewear? 
Does anyone have experience with the Blue Line semi-MTM option? I'm wondering if it makes sense at $600, especially as compared against other MTM vendors at a similar price point (e.g., Thick as Thieves). I have no problem with the fact that Blue Line is limited to Napoli styling. As far as I'm concerned, the straightforward styling of the Napoli is actually pretty ideal. Super 120s is fine as well--I'm just looking for a workhorse navy suit to add to the rotation.    I...
 I do have a pair, but it was passed down secondhand from an uncle after many years of wear, so the footbed molding was never quite right. If anything, that pair probably gave me an unfairly negative impression of hand-grades. For what it's worth, I'm very pleased with my C&J benchgrades--definitely worth every penny. 
I'm trying to work out whether it makes sense to pay a premium of ~$130 for a hand-grade versus a bench-grade. I'm really just looking for a new brown captoe to add to my workday rotation. Should I expect that premium to pay off in comfort, durability, and longevity?   As much as I appreciate the craftmanship involved in a hand-grade, I don't think I'll derive much value from the knowledge that my shoes were finished by hand rather than by machine, or from the fact that...
At this price point, wouldn't online MTM be a better option? 
  Can anyone comment on the quality difference between the Peal & Co. captoe and the non-Peal shoes? I'm looking at two perforated captoes that are both on sale, and I'm wondering if the $150 differential is worth it between the two below options:   {Peal & Co.)...
Can anyone comment on the quality differences between BB's Peal & Co. captoes and their non-Peal shoes? I'm looking at two perforated captoes and trying to work out if the +$150 price differential is worth it between the following:   (Peal & Co.)...