or Connect

Posts by dfoverdx

For me it's especially color of the stitiching which is odd. The jacket is rather on the light color side overall but stitching is dark... For me the color of stitching should be sth like beige or taupe.
 Unbel,are you happy with the fit of these ?
 I can only encourage you to try new tailors, especially if from pricing point it's similar or less. If price is higher and you are quite happy with your current tailor then you should think twice before trying a new tailor.I tried many tailors in Naples and some in Sicily and finally ended up choosing a tailor in Sicily. He's doing a very well fitting jacket (much better than any Napolitan tailor i've tried) and his techinical skills are beyond any tailor i've ever seen....
 If you didn't soar your relation with him already then just tell him that you will skip ordering a new stuff this time but you just want to fix your jacket and enjoy Naples... The key issue is not to soar the relation. However if you had send an e-mail like "you are the most unreliable guy i've ever seen" then it's more complicated. It happened to me a similar situation with Panico and i've never returned there. I used to be a customer of Solito as well but kept good...
Personally i prefer curved fronts. The issue with Steed type opening is if you want your front open then X creates issue especially close to buttoning point where it's not overlapping and sometime belt or pants waist is visible (as we can see from check jacket above). If you want to avoid this issue you should get Y type opening which to me not very elegant.
My tailor is in the region as well and actually i am paying even slightly lower. There's huge value in Sicily and people tend to be more reliable than Naples for instance (story of comparing south...)With respect to shoulders, the shoulder expression is given in the finishing stage and does not impact they way shoulders are cut or fit. Padding is another story and it's very hard to tell whether a suit has padding or not from a picture... The fact that shoulders seem square...
Now $300
There is a large number of tailors in Naples, prices starting from EUR 800 excluding cloth. However for majority of tailors prices are around EUR 1500-2500. To name some, Solito, Panico, Volpe, Pirozzi (Nunzio), Formosa, Petrosino, Cerrato (only pants), Ambrosi (only pants) that i had experience. But there's also Mimmo Pirozzi, Dalcuore, Zizolfi, Caliendo etc.   Going to tailor and making bespoke suits is not a one-shot thing. Frankly any of the above tailor can make a...
$350 now...i will include a tie as well.
 For fitting probably he requires one but i suggest you to insist to make a second fitting especially if you are around. Don't get more than 1 pants because if you give him 2-3 fabric he will suggest to do fitting only on one and make the others in same measurements which personally i don't like. I prefer do fitting on all pants because every pants fit differently even though fabrics are similar. For pricing if i remember correctly it was around EUR 180 without fabric......