or Connect

Posts by dfoverdx

I didn't know that somebody is following my posts so actively to retrieve posts in different threads... Keep in mind that i took some weight aftet Solito coat is done. Personnaly i like much more Solito coat than Musella. Photo is just photo, important thing is how you feel when you wear them.
I do not know your stories with Solito but both Gennaro and Luigi are very nice people and one of the most honest tailors in Naples.
Luigi Solito is going regularly to London and he also has many clients in other cities in Italy, in particular the north of Italy; i've talked to him a couple of weeks ago, i think his business is doing quite good. I do agree with you regarding making ad-hoc visits, from a tailor's perspective i don't see any reason to do so given that going to US costs more from all side; more monetary cost, longer & tiring travel etc. Going London is much more easy; cost, travel,...
Isaia sold, RLPL dropped to only 275.
I have the green one in bottom; porter harding; as jacket only. Keep in mind that it's very heavy&hard&densely woven cloth. Thornproof from porter harding makes excellent suit.
I definitely prefer soft jackets. But keep in mind that this is not only related to shoulders but also canvas used in the suit. The Giacca napoletana have a soft canvas in chest. I have jackets from Milano and Sicily, their canvas is different and has more shape. Shoulders are another story. During one of my fittings i tried with and without shoulder paddings and you really feel the difference.
 Frankly, the first suit fits quite badly, and pants are disastrous..Maybe your weight changed between the finish of the suits and the fitting but it's quite bad. The last unfinished jacket seems nice.
shipping from Switzerland. Both all wool
Since i go bespoke i am no more wearing RTW suits so decided two sell these two nice suits. I worn them maybe 2-3 times but no more but they have been tailored for pants hem and sleeves.   Ralph Lauren Purple Label Chocolate Brown Suit Size 40, Price $ 300, incl shipping to US, EU Extremely well made; as you can see handwork on the chest and buttonholes. Color is chocolate brown. Pants, double pleat, without belt loops, with brace buttons Half waist: 17" (room to let...
Not only with Ambrosi but with many local tailors in Naples the rule is simple; just don't focus on exact fitting or delivery times. Let the process go on, it may take 2 months, 3 months etc. The guy may say he will ship your pants/suit in september but don't get pissed off if you don't receive it in September you may receive it in October or November or even maybe December. This is the golden rule. Given the structure of tailoring business it's 100% normal that the guy...