Posts by dfoverdx

Yes, Ferrante.. Prices are really reasonable, construction quality seems not bad as well but lasts were not very elegant...
 There's a shoe shop on via calabritto, i was there once but didn't purchase anything. They do also bespoke at reasonable prices, though quality is far from Meccariello...For ties i would suggest to visit Cappelli rather than Marinella...he has a very nice shop
This is indeed very very nice. Isn't this design that DWW is working on now ?
EUR 350 is pretty high but understandable given that higher demand pushes price up. I remember that few years ago i was paying half of that. But any case even at this price tag it's still cheaper than Ambrosi. I don't know how much Ambrosi asks now but a few years ago he was asking around EUR 400 for the making.
No particular reason. Actually i was thinking to return to Merolla but as i said i thought it'd be good to have suit maker and shirt maker at the same place in order to adjust the sleeve lengths but it was more difficult than i was thinking... Result was far from expected.edit: then i tried another shirtmaker that i'm using still so was finally never back to Merolla.
I agree that Merolla's shop is very nice, though last time i visited it was about 5 years ago. Merolla is a good friend of Gennaro Solito by the way... With respect to Luca, let me explain. He's making by default "ok" job. As i said the shirts he's making are just basic handwork and fit he's doing is nothing exceptional. I frst tried Luca when he was at Satriano Cinque. The shirt he did for me, you can get from every shirtmaker in Naples (there are tons of shirtmakers),...
Bumped after 5Y... It's interesting to see the perception of Neapolitan suit at that time. Maybe men workwear is also changed and became more sportive over the years but clearly soft shoulder is nothing to do with fashion, it's not kind of sportive look, it's not less powerful than classic English suit. Last but not least it's wrong to say that Neapolitan jacket is short, au contrary many tailors tend to make a rather long jacket. Solito, Panico, Formosa, Volpe, they all...
 Yes of course you can wash them in machine, there's absolutely no issue with this. Use gentle cycle and dry them on a hanger. Especially for linen it's important to press when it's still humid otherwise use spray to humidify. It's good to make this for cotton as well.
 Luca makes buttons and buttonholes, as well as shoulder and armholes. It's considered basic/normal in handwork. My shirts are fully handwork, A to Z, collar, sides, bottom edge etc. etc. But i keep the name secret :) Anyway the price is higher than your budget as i paid around EUR 330 including Carlo Riva fabric and shipping (which i consider a fair price) Anna Matuozzo is making nice shirts as well but if you ask her to make a fully handmade shirt with a Carlo Riva...
This is not a usual approach in getting bespoke...In many cases you need to pay in cash as well. In bespoke you need to make your own experience, everybody is different with different tastes and priorities, expectations... But among tailors you mention i tried Solito and Pirozzi(Nunzio), both are good but i prefer Pirozzi. He made me a better fitting jacket than Solito. Solito has a very nice style though..