or Connect

Posts by TweedyProf

Sorry I agree. I don't like any of them. Should have said "not working" from the worst to the least worst. The last one is ok wrt stripes but not ideal. Someone find a block stripe example!
 I think the first, aside from the poor choice in color, is too busy. Many smallish lines more densely packed. The same is true, though perhaps less so on the second: too dense on the lines again.  Mark Cho's is better perhaps because the lines are less "dense" with the blue creating a wider stripe. I'd be curious to see a block stripe but I agree that's the way to go for gun clubs and stripes. Here's Greg's (you'll recall he said that he was actually wearing a different...
Some humanities superstars can make >300K as their 9 month salary. For B-school/med-school/law-school types, with consulting, well, the ivory tower can be quite lucrative. Alas, not for me. Writing a major textbook helps as does consulting which is easier for the science/engineering types and some of the social sciences like economics.
Mike   I'm curious to learn more about belt construction and your thinking about this.    Is the improvement in this rendition of your belts, the screws and the quality of the leather/suede versus the last run?   I'm curious what the next level would be. Less about construction than just the materials? The price point is great, but wondering if I should hope for the return of Tubo belts somewhere, which is almost twice the price of Epaulet belts.   Your belts are...
Last one for the night. This was a popular fabric. I think Ed Morel's jacket for sale recently was the same fabric as well. Can't quite see the square.  
Thanks for that. If you say they fit like the HY USAs, perhaps that will be worth a try someday.    So many lawyers starting their own clothing stores (Carson Street, e.g.). Is Jamison a lawyer on the side?
Just to connect to jrd's post: Cho again, same jacket.   Blue shirt much better choice as was the tie in the first pic.
Well, I'm trying to explain my negative reaction to the first tie (colors aside). The stripes are definitely part of problem.  Here's one of the Armoury Guys (Mark Cho?) I think. Better? Doesn't address the question of the square. 
Striped ties with gun club? Are there some good example floating out there that work? More blocked stripe? The thinner lines just seem to inevitably be the wrong scale wrt lines on the jacket forming the checks.    You know my line for these: subdue the square. The first jacket looks like Andens. On the second, perhaps a burgundy or olive square, minimal pattern.    On the Attolini, got to give it to the second guy. At least he was trying to complement his better half...
When Greg was proposing the first Formosa MTO, he had this beautiful copper herringbone which didn't get a lot of love. That's the one I would go for, on the brown side. Will look for it later. I like the proposed three: herringbone, donegal, check.