or Connect

Posts by TweedyProf

I'm marveling atthe pattern matching. Formosa GMTO?
Nice AC. How high is front of collar? I'm probably bucking current SF trends on spread collars by opting for less spread. But I happily wear different collars, for variety. But then I don't cuff my trousers either.
You won't regret it. Fabric is lovely, soft hand.
Gyasih that fit is nuts. N2pua if only a 48! That is such an awesome fabric but the green would have been even better! Good luck.
You might switch to a different maker then. I use mytailor and at this point I've made so many adjustments with them in person I've become a fan (is it bespoke at that point?). They can do all sorts of fine tuned modifications (eg I had them lift the front of my collar but not back, reduce the tie gap to 1/8 inch and so on). Great if you talk it over with someone in person. They have a traveling tailor too. luxire might be able to do similar modifications but you have to...
I love soft collars, though for more formal contexts, I would go with something a stiffer collar or use collar stays.  I'm trying to imagine the effect you mean, but here's one option in MTM: have a stiff lining for the collar itself but leave the points unlined. So you get a collar that stands strong but where the points have a pleasing softness to them that allows them to roll softly. Does that seem like it would remedy your problem? On spread collars as casual collars:...
Gyasih Why are you debating it? It's a great jacket. Where is thaT first coat from?
I'm in awe of the participants in this thread...
Helden, that's one of your better fitting jackets, I think. The angles on the sleeve cuffs, however, are a little aggressive, no? A lot of sleeve and then none at all in the back.
D, I meant it as a funny way of saying that they suck. You're way of putting it is more to the point!