or Connect

Posts by TweedyProf

I think the bottom two sets are fine. There are plenty of more soporific options on the website. I don't mind the blue confetti tie at the top right of set 2. I'm not a large scale paisley fan so can't speak to the first set. YMMV   Here are some Drake's from NMWA  
Not sure which of these have been ordered but if you are interested, you know who to email. I am also told that a new website should be up and running in the near future.        
Sorry for the delay. I'm spending time working outside the US so been a bit busy. @Mr. Six has kindly agreed to put push the 10/5 S/S edition, so I hope in a few weeks we might be able to dogged started...for some of you, S/S has been slow in coming so the delay isn't so bad (Aussie comrades, sorry that the thread is out of sync for you, season wise, tyranny of the Northern hemisphere).    Anyway, I know some of you are ready to go (great, and thanks). Everyone who is...
I suppose it depends on what you want to get out of such displays. Mostly, I'm interested in combinations, fit etc. IG posts are often staged, but sometimes, certain pairings are presented that I find interesting. For myself, it's a way to record fits and decide, say weeks later, if I think they work or not. YMMV.
Nice @sprout2    A lot of members post now on IG instead of in WAYWRN (though some still do both)...I think that list of SFers with IG accounts could be quite endless, so at the risk of hurting feelings, perhaps list IG's of "old hands" who used to be active here (say pre 2010 or earlier)? Some are more "lifestyle" focused, but some center their posts on tailoring. The same is true of TUMBLR   Vox is one, but there are others...
I like Europrep's thinking on this: something expected but with a twist. I know shantung is well-known in these parts, but it's less common in the real world where silk twill dominates tie offerings. So, here's a regimental, beautifully done by Drake's. Unlike solid shantungs where the texture can induce the repulsion of some (here's looking at you @Murlsquirl ), the stripes, which are less yellow than in some photos of it, break up the nubbly texture. It looks boring, but...
@jcmeyer is on fire. Glad to see this thread is still going.   You know what might generate a bit of discussion? Those who are curating should pull one post that didn't make the threshold but was close (or heck, not even close) but is felt by the curator to merit inclusion here (e.g. it is no worse than some of those that do make the cut). Then there can be a brief discussion of why it was chosen. 
@tchoy A really nice, distinctive suit. I hope you'll contribute with a picture of it to the 10/5 Spring/Summer thread, and certainly, I invite others here too. 
@Academic2    Perhaps you can remind me what the argument was for these types of shirts not being in poor taste. I don't see Crompton's fit as in anyway in poor taste (let's assume he is wearing a suit). I think he's done quite well there, actually.   My own personal principle is that shirts really should always be a ground and indeed, the background. To effectively serve as such, one must contribute without being obtrusive; one must provide support without taking...
@archibaldleach    I guess there are two issues, broader symmetrical striped shirts, which I like for more casual fits. Something like that Kamakura I posted but symmetrical would be great for the sort of jacket Crompton is wearing.   I think the contrast is too great in this shirt for my tastes but It's not bad, again just looking at the shirt and jacket (I don't think the blue in the tie is well chosen here, not enough contrast with the shirt. A less saturated,...