Posts by NonChalant321

As an update, I shelled out for a HM one after having a repro for 3-4 years.   There was 1 floor model for sale at DWR for 30% off so I snagged it. Yes, it's been sat on probably a lot considering it was sitting outside the store in the general mall area but otherwise looks and feels brand new. I figure at $3500, it's going to be hard to find a legit Eames chair+ottoman that can beat that price in store. The store said they almost never have Eames 670+671 floor models...
  I think those pants were only part of womens collection but sold out.
 Woah - hood is completely removable? Mine isn't like that - it must have been experimental.  Anyone know if it's a difficult job for a tailor to convert the fur lining into a removable lining?
 This iteration, only the quilted lining is removable. The zipper attachment of the quilted lining is really well done - might be wrong but I think the previous iteration was button attachment. 
 Nice - what color did you get? My fishtail has been getting some good wear time this week.  Not saying I would change it, but do you (or anyone else) know if the fur lining can easily be converted into a removable fur lining by a tailor? Or is this an impossible job? Or a difficult job?
 I have the Warm Tech Down Coat from last season - it looks to be the same iteration.  It's very warm - I've had other Uniqlo down coats that looked nice but fell short in terms of warmth.  Not this one.  I consider it money well spent and it did the job even during the coldest days last winter.   FYI - I'm located in New Jersey by the Hudson River (close enough that I can actually hear police sirens on the West Side Highway in Manhattan) - so same winters and I don't...
 Are you implying something?
 I have one from Barcelona Designs (same as MHD, since the box it came in read Manhattan Home Design) - and found it to be disappointing.  It's nice to look at as a display piece, but having sat in a Herman Miller Eames before, it's just not as comfortable. The cushions are too stiff, and the angles don't seem right - and you just don't get the feeling of being "enveloped" in. Granted, it's quite a bit cheaper - but it's still pretty expensive for replica that's not...
 Some success - 3 out of the 5 were cancelled, 2 shipped!
Are you using a vpn?