or Connect

Posts by TheNeedMachine

That crossed my mind as well - the markings in English.  Poking around the 'net I wasn't finding much - either references to it being 18th or 19th c and/or low-lever stuff, and some ended auction results sold for around $300, and the one eBay listing.  Got it at an antique mall - seller had it bundled with a junky violin and case - named a price on the bow alone and I was willing to pay it even if worth nothing...worse comes to worse it'll be a decorative item.  Thanks...
Picked up a few things probably not worth bragging about, though one thing intrigued me - a violin bow.  Marked "TECHLER" and "MADE IN GERMANY".  Frog appears to be ebony with mother-of-pearl inlay, and either nickle or silver fitting & adjuster.  This one on eBay has the same mark...though of course not sold so who knows the real value, but has a half dozen watchers so maybe it's something, or maybe 6 other people have Techler bows and want to see if it sells.  Do we have...
Dammit.  Was hoping these "Beatle boots" would fly under the radar and get them cheap, but no such luck.
 "Mint condition" on pre-owned shoes that show some wear, minor soiling and a few minor blemishes?  Obviously a buyer would take that with a grain of salt, and see via the pics that you've stretched the truth quite a bit using "mint" to describe them...but you're likely leaving yourself open to a SNAD case.  If I had bought the shoes and wanted to return them for any reason, I think I'd win if I got an eBay rep on the phone and asked them to look up the definition of "mint...
Thanks for the photo storage site ideas mates - gonna eyeball imgur and photobucket. Either should be cheaper and easier than my own domain.
What do y'all use for image hosting (outside of eBay)? I usually just use the 12 pics eBay offers, unless I have a suit or something else where I can easily have more than 12 pics, in which case I insert them into the body of my listing. I had a domain I used for image hosting, but they're totally flaky, take several days to reply to emails...and now they appear to have gone defunct.  I'm looking for a (ideally free) service where I can store maybe 100-200 pics at a...
Whoa. I never look at RLX stuff. Guess I better start! Nice find.
Thank you, unhelpful eBay seller...  I live about 35 miles from where my package is "Out for Delivery."  I asked they seller if maybe they mixed up shipping labels.  They replied: "It must be stopping through that city."   ..as though it was there sightseeing on its way to my house.  Hopefully just misdirected and will be rerouted.      Tracking say: Out for Delivery Feb-04-15, 09:12 AM, TEMPLE, GA 30179 Sorting Complete Feb-04-15, 09:02 AM, TEMPLE, GA...
 The stock Harman Kardon system in my current auto would disagree. Meh, more off-topic ramblings.  Carry on with the thrift brags, gents!  
    +2, saw on tumblr and almost PM'd to ask size...but didn't bother cuz I'm sure he's gonna keep it.